By VDM - 03/06/2013 21:16 - France - Poissy

Today, my 6-year-old son was so angry at me for not buying him overpriced candy at the airport that he told a security guard I had a machine gun in my suitcase. The interrogation was not pleasant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 610
You deserved it 8 228

Same thing different taste

Top comments

EdwardC777 9

That beyond blows. Airport security isn't fun when you're NOT being accused of smuggling firearms

when he goes into the next grade, tell the teacher he lies about everything he says and to never ever trust him, *wink*

Comments

I would embarrass the hell out of that kid if he did that to me. A spanking would definitely be in order.

If he gets candy anytime again this year, YDI. That bullshit is far too serious to let him off lightly - not just the security aspect, but a huge lie AND the fact that it was a nasty act of revenge for nothing more than not getting his way in something so petty.

Make him kneel on uncooked rice. No bruises or CPS needed. I guarantee you he will mind what you say more often.

still_guns 16

Why the heck was an interrogation needed? A simple x-ray would've sufficed.

Perhaps he meant the "other" machine gun in your "suitcase" ;-)

Parents who says spanking is the way to go, has big problems. Learn how to raise your kids right and you never have to give them a spanking. Just makes me mad that people even consider spanking their kid due to that they suck at parenting.

I got spanked as a kid and I turned out just fine. There's nothing wrong with it and people who think it's bad to punish children this way are the reason there are so many delinquents.

If you were my kid, I would be spanking you for this reply.

ileenefudge 29

I'm assuming 96 doesn't have kids. You NEED to discipline your kids to make sure they grow up and respect you sometimes. Talking DOES NOT always work, because every child is different. Some respond to light threats such as "your gonna get in trouble" but most don't. Ever try to reason with a 3 year old that is so use to you "threatening" him with that phrase? After a while it doesn't work. They get use to your little talks because they know its all just talk and nothing more. I know a 4 year old who gets away with being rude and all her mom does is say she's gonna get in trouble but never actually does anything and she knows her mom won't do anything about her bad behavior so she does it anyways even out in public. You need to teach your child that they can't get away with this crap and if you think butt swatting is too much, then you probably won't be a great parent because your child will take advantage of you. When your child comes home at 15 and pregnant or your little boy is in Juvenile hall for stealing, your probably also going to be one of those parents asking themselves where you went wrong, and the answer will be that you either were not there for your child or you didn't discipline them because you were scared to hurt their feelings or scared of what others think of your parenting skills or lack thereof. Ok end rant.

His type of 'clever' needs to be left stranded at the airport to figure the way onward alone. Your kid's brain needs something to do. On the bright side, at least he picked a gun and not drugs. Your future life together looks like one thrill after another. FYL.

98 - Not really a bright side. I'd assume airport security would view a potential terrorist as a bigger deal than a potential smuggler.

OP, you're in big trouble if your child is doing this at this young age. Perhaps he needs therapy or to be evaluated for an anger issue or mental health issue. Or perhaps he just needs a good old fashioned ass whoopin'!