By Lisa - 16/12/2014 03:38 - United States - Lees Summit

Today, my 5-year-old daughter was asked by her teacher to write a letter to each member of her family to read during the holidays. Her letter to me said, "Dear mommy, come on. You could have done better than dad." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 242
You deserved it 4 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steffi3 40

Atleast she thinks highly of you?

All jokes aside, why'd she write this? Kids are pretty innocent and unless it was something she heard you or someone say, then there's a reason for it.

Comments

At least she has 2 parents that love her?

your daughter was just motivating you.Take it in a positive way

I wonder what the letter she wrote to her dad said then

She should be thankful you chose him otherwise she wouldn't be there

You know, OP, children do listen to the way their parents talk to and about each other. Perhaps you should pay attention to what you are saying about your husband? And stop badmouthing him?

I said this earlier but I'll say it here. Children can be observant. The OP doesn't necessarily need to be badmouthing her husband for the child to know if something is wrong. My parents have never once bad mouthed each other to me. They also made it a point to avoid fighting in front of my sister and I. However, this did not stop me from informing my mother when I was in kindergarten that her and my father were going to get a divorce and that they very well should. They didn't divorce until I was in middle school but from kindergarten I knew it was coming by watching my father. His behavior was what told me they should not be together, not hers. They just never seemed to actually mesh together.

Thats more of a fml for the dad than it is to you

Hey, at least she said YOU could've done better meaning she thinks highly of hku

DaniX9 5

I really wanna know what she wrote to her dad!