By Anonymous - 16/05/2015 00:50 - United States

Today, my 14-year-old daughter told me she's pregnant and plans on dropping out of school to live a life on the road with her boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 214
You deserved it 7 582

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time for some strict parenting! This is your chance to set her on the right path, to define the rest of her life :)

At least there's a spot for her on MTV.

Comments

Tell her to go for it and see how it turns out for her. Once she sees how ridiculous her idea is I'm sure she'll want to come back home.

How long will that take? You are saying send a 14 year old who is pregnant with a child off with her boyfriend to travel around. There are SO many things that could go wrong with that.

I agree with this. My sister and cousin went to run away when they were around 15ish, needlessly to say they didn't last very long.

I'm not saying it's your fault but you failed as a parent.

A parent can only do so much. Even when you instill good moral values, shit still happens. You can only guide them, raise them the best you can but in the end they are the ones making the decisions when you're not around. You can only hope for the best while bracing yourself for the worst.

Why? It's completely OPs daughter's fault for having unsafe sex.. I'm pretty sure the mother wasn't in the background telling her it's ok she doesn't really need that condom

gintwinsmoore 20

Damn #15, that's cold...considering that children do have their own minds and sometimes do whatever they want to do no matter what their parents say, and in most cases, are willing to suffer the consequences later. You're saying that you aren't saying it's her fault but she failed as a parent...that's confusing as hell because where I come from it sounds like you're saying it's her fault because she failed as a parent. How can it not be her fault in this case by your apparent negative judgement??? Makes no sense for you to say that.

Do not try to be the cool mom. I say whoop her butt on the way to planned parenthood/abortion clinic

gintwinsmoore 20

In the words of Lenny from the cartoon movie "Shark Tales", "It's not ok to hit!!!!"

16- I agree that a big, serious talk needs to be had, but you can't force someone to have an abortion, even if they are young.

No way, OPs kid obviously wants to keep the child. Forcing her to have an abortion is only one way to create life long resentment. OP needs to support her daughters choices on keeping the child, but guiding her to make responsible life decisions along the way aka not dropping out of school

"And I'm proud to be an American! Where at least I know I'm free." No seriously I've lost all hope...

pheanixgod 8

Dequan told me he was married to the streets

14? How olds the boyfriend (statutory rapist)?

Yes!! If he can drive and wants to go on the road I want to know how old he is

It's statutory if the boyfriend is over 18. Which is possible, but not a given.

Actually the age of consent varies from state to state. Using Florida as an example, the age of consent is 18 but 16 & 17 yo can consent as long as it's with someone under the age of 23. And under the Romeo and Juliet law, 14 yo can consent as long as the person is no more than 4 years older. So if this happened in FL, it wouldn't be considered statutory rape.

insted on blaming parents, we should blame her, as she's been hanging out with wrong kids. there are lot of great parents with bad kids.....maybe its just how i see.....

Mama tried to raise me better but her pleading I denied.