By WitchQueenLiz - 28/06/2009 08:25 - United States

Today, it was my birthday. Normally, the little office I work in throws a big party for every employee on their special day, but nothing was done for me, not even a "Happy Birthday" came my way. I didn't want to be rude, so I stayed silent. They didn't do anything because I was getting laid off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 752
You deserved it 3 159

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry to hear that, why would they lay you off on your birthday? Assholes.

Well since you didnt get one: Happy Birthday! And sorry about your job. Things are fked up these days. Good luck finding another one!

Comments

voveraite 7

This sucks, OP! Happy Birthday from a fellow birthdayer today! ^^ and hope you find a better job soon

BigSky 5

The whole company is probably going under. You'll get the last laugh later. Someone else is having to do your job besides their own. It could be you having do to do two jobs with no extra pay. God speed on finding a new better job and good luck with your future.

You don't know if s/he was being laid off because s/he was paid too much or if his/her department was being closed. So go **** yourself for assuming they don't do their job well enough. Dumbass.

Ouch. Consider yourself lucky though - you didn't want to work for those assholes anyway! Happy Birthday, and I hope your day gets better!

That really sucks. Happy B-day!! :) and hope you will find something soon.

wow that sucks. Sorry! Happy Birthday though!

cartering 0

Unless you had told them yourself, the entire office wouldn't know you were getting laid off. Only upper management would. You do know if you get laid off, you get the same pay you were making this time last year right? You were just given a paid vacation to help you get a new job.

Luckless_Love123 0

Happy Birthday! And sorry about that too!

Shizden 0

If they haven't laid you off yet, injure yourself! o.O