By AM - 31/08/2015 21:46

Today, it was my birthday and I have no children. My father bluntly says, "Well, I guess if I get any grand-babies out of you now, they will have Down's Syndrome." I just turned 30. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 613
You deserved it 1 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your dad is an ass. 35+ is when women are most at risk. And besides, there are plenty of women who successfully deliver passed that point with no issues.

It's a lot better than having kids when you're not ready for them.

Comments

My mom had me at 32, and I'm okay. My friend's mom had her at 42, and though she's a little odd, that's more just something that runs in the family.

Worry not! My mom gave birth to my baby brother at 46, and he is completely normal.

hehe1996 15

Don't worry OP my mother had my brother at 34 and me at 39 and we were both born healthy. Donny feel pressured to have children if you're not ready for them.

TheLostCauseFML 40

Wow.. he's a Sorry Not Sorry kind of guy, eh?

The real question is "Do you want kids"? If you do not, then ignore your dad since he is an ass and live your life child-free, enjoy your money, enjoy traveling the world. If you do, don't worry, my mom had my brother at 30, so it is still possible. Have a wonderful birthday, OP!

I know someone who had her first child at 41 and the child is perfectly healthy. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Hope you had a happy birthday regardless

There are worse things in life than having Down's, like being a judgemental asshole.

You're fine. My mom had me(first kid) when she was 36 and my little sister at 39. We turned out fine.

I had my daughter when I was 31 and my son at 35. They are both wonderful, happy, and healthy!