By SaveMeTeddy - 16/10/2013 18:48 - Canada - Burnaby

Today, it hit me that I'm incredibly pathetic, when at the age of 21, I tucked my stuffed animals into bed with me, facing in different directions so they could keep watch for monsters while I slept. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 100
You deserved it 16 251

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pathetic? Hardly! Those monsters under the bed are only slightly scarier than the ones in the closet. It's a damned good thing you have such good protection.

josebaseball11 14

Well if you haven't been attacked by monsters yet, then they're doing a good a job.

Comments

Axel5238 29

It can be cute, but too a point. There is a fine line between I love this because it reminds me of someone/ childhood and I hold on to it because they refuse to grow up. You have to confuse the two.

I keep my bed in the corner so there's walls on two sides. I chose a platform bed so there's no space under the bed to worry about. There's a lamp on my headboard so I never have to walk in the dark. And I have five stuffed owls and one stuffed otter to keep me company. I'm 23 and in law school. Clearly all the cool kids are afraid of the dark.

Hey OP you never know, those stuffed animals could be saving your ass in your sleep like some kind of Guardian Angel Toy Story scenario. Besides never let go of your inner child, that's when you truly start to age.

Some people, myself included, use a dreamcatcher to keep them safe while they sleep. At least you use something you can cuddle :)

Better dealing with monsters than the horrors of the real world.

Yeliab333 20

If you feel pathetic doing that then you should get a dog, monsters hate dogs.

Op that's not Pathetic I have an Oswald the lucky rabbit plushie and a Pinkie pie plushie because I can't sleep without something to hug

ViviMage 38

That is so adorable! I myself had my pet bunny watch for monsters. She would bite anything that came close. Including the mom monster that thought the guard bunny should go home. Stay sweet!