By broooooock - 16/07/2009 01:04 - United States

Today, it dawned on me that I've been married for 6 months, but because of the Army I've spent only around 12 days total with my wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 616
You deserved it 13 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dotVillain 1

Last time I checked, we were free before we were in this war. We actually invaded THEM. Not to say I don't have respect for the troops, but we are fighting in a war that isn't ours. And for my pre-determined response to the people that will ramble on about how they attacked us first: Not one Iraqi has ever killed any of our people on our soil. 9/11 was mainly Saudi Arabians. As for OP, I'm terribly sorry for you. I don't think your life is fuckable, nor do you deserve it at all. You have a wife that loves you enough to stick by you for long periods at a time without seeing you. Be happy you have her, she sounds like a great girl.

girlnexdoor 0

So this guy is crazy about me, but we haven't ever been on a date because he went to the marines before he contacted me again. He was supposed to come back in June but it was postponed till August. So I know how that sucks for you. Hopefully things will get better. (I support you for being in the Army, btw)

Comments

He comes the wave of military bashing and military worshiping comments. *hardhat*

awe that sucks! but thank you for protecting us!

You sacrificed your time together with your wife to protect our country, knowing that you can die any day... thanks?

thelovelykira 0

Man, that does suck D: And wow at all the douches on this.

oh man, that DOES suck. I'm sorry about that! :/

realggirl 0

YDI for joining the army. You knew what you were getting into. By the way, senseless violence is not "protecting us."

Oh hon, I know what you mean. My boyfriend and I have been together for two years. One of those years being his training in the Marines. I've spent a total of like 20 days throughout this entire year with him. This will end soon enough and you will be in your wife's arms.

To nitwits numbers 3, 5, 12, 17, and 32: A lot of people are joining the Army because they have no other options. They usually come from rural areas that don't have many jobs open and from families that couldn't afford college. Or, maybe they care about their homeland and want to serve it in any way they can. So please, learn to have a little empathy before you judge people like that you little twits. Let's ship you out and see how you feel.

F the lives of people with no other options.

arienh4 0

I will not have empathy for people who willingly destroy another country. No matter the reason. I'd rather be unemployed than in the army.

regenzie 0

Feel bad for someone who didn't do well in school and the military was their only choice? No thank you.

...not everyone did poorly in school who joined the military. And not all of them support the war or go into combat fields within the military (think medical fields). Also, many people joined during more peaceful times.

arienh4 0

Even if you go into the army without intention of going to Iraq, you're still in the army. Armies are the only reason there are wars. If there were much less people in your army you'd have probably never invaded Iraq.

I just graduated with a 4.0 GPA. Was accepted to four colleges. Was an active member of my high school's honor society. I ship to training next month. The military isnt a last resort, its a good career.

bollywood_rocks 0

for some it is a last resort. for people like you and my brothers who joined after grad school and med school,VERY good careers.

Arien I can honestly say you are one of the most close minded and unintelligent people I have ever come across. The soldiers aren't willingly destroying another country, they are following orders. You are even more shifted into the realm of the unintelligent by suggesting that if there were no armies there would be no war. The army does not cause the war, they fight it for some stupid ass moron such as Bush with his evangelical nihilist regime who believe being more powerful is being right. In closing, I just want you to know that there is no hope at all for you and for the sake of the human race you do not speak or reproduce.

murrythedog 0

you dont know this man. how the hell can you assume he did poorly in school? its people like you that annoy me the most. you probably think that the military is worthless and war suits no purpose. war is why america is free. war ended slavery. war has ended the holocaust and oppression around the world. and its brave men like this man who are willing to sacrifice the own lives that have done all of this. troops like him are heroes. they should be honored for what they do but people like u tear them down instead.

DalPrince18 0

Amen to that, I find it ironic every time I say amen lol, only because I'm atheist...anyways, I totally agree with everything you just said.

arienh4 0

Dan, by enlisting, they chose to follow those orders. It's as simple as that. Give me ONE example where the army did something good.

Stopped the Nazis during WW2. Without the American army, Nazi Germany would have continued to spread. Also, by stopping the Nazis, the army stopped the holocaust. Care to try again?

damnthatsuck 0

arien I know this may be a little difficult for you since you are a dumbass but when words are written try...wait for it... drumroll please... READING THEM!!! *gasp* i know its a hard concept. Here is what was posted 2 above your this dumb post(#210) war is why america is free. war ended slavery. war has ended the holocaust and oppression around the world. Now since war is fought with Militaries you can sub them in there

arienh4 0

Okay, right, I got the point. Let me say this first. I stand corrected on the holocaust, slavery, etc. I admit, I was wrong on that argument. Now, that IS a completely different time. The army these days has completely different objectives. I think I figured this one out. It doesn't matter whom else in the world is free, so long as the US is. Right. (Now, mind you, not talking about the past.)

arienh4 0

#133: Shame on you I guess?

Are you saying that there have been no countries with small or nonexistent armies in wars? History of the earth involves the constant conquering of other nations and lands due to their lack of defensive capabilities.

HumansSuck 0

That sucks. I don't think anyone should join the army if we're not being attacked. Besides, I've heard they brainwash you there into blind patriotism and blindly following authority. I'm sorry for your situation.

FlaminYawn 0

this is an FYL only because I'm sure she's getting ****** by other guys. I've ****** a few army wives myself, they gotta get dick somewhere, right?