Just Dependa Things

By Anonymous - 14/04/2022 13:00 - United States - Springfield

Today, I came home from a one-year Army deployment, only for my wife to tell me she feels claustrophobic with me in the bed. She then asked for a divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 207
You deserved it 103

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I could be wrong, but if wife never seemed to have this problem before, you may have been replaced - boyfriend, girlfriend, whatever… I suggest before agreeing to the divorce see if you can find out from a neighbor what’s been going on. If I am right, that then improves on your settlement terms if she’s desperate to divorce.

I'm guessing that some other dude will magically cure her.

Comments

I could be wrong, but if wife never seemed to have this problem before, you may have been replaced - boyfriend, girlfriend, whatever… I suggest before agreeing to the divorce see if you can find out from a neighbor what’s been going on. If I am right, that then improves on your settlement terms if she’s desperate to divorce.

I'm guessing that some other dude will magically cure her.

diraven 15

Maybe just ease up on the snuggling. My wife and I barely touch each other in bed and it's worked great

wysegirl 24

Sorry this happened to you. it happens too much to those deployed.

Damn dude, that stinks royally :( Stay strong, keep sharp, and stay safe. Here's to hoping you find a solution.

OH_HappyDays 14

Maybe a divorce is a little hasty unless she became involved with someone else. My hubby drove otr, gone 2 months home 1-2 weeks mostly one week, for almost a decade. He was finally able to get a local job that pays the same so he is home every day. To say it is an adjustment is an understatement. He had his own household set up in his truck and I at our house. We each do things differently from cleaning to grocery shopping. It has only been a few months but I have to fight the urge to entertain my husband. Before on his time home I would cook in bulk his fav foods, have things planned for us to do etc up until he left. Now that he is home I still want to do that. I also started a bad habit of snuggling up with a pillow. He has lovingly nic named it cockblocker. I told him it was part of how I dealt with him being gone. He still gets upset because I use the pillow but he at least started to understand. I would have to mentally shut down when he was gone so I could deal with things (he hauls hazmat gasses). I can't imagine how it would feel had we been in your situation. Maybe before jumping to divorce she needs to give it time to settlle down acclimate to each other again. She may also need some support from other wives who have/had to deal with things like this. Best of luck to you, thank you for your service.