By broooooock - 16/07/2009 01:04 - United States

Today, it dawned on me that I've been married for 6 months, but because of the Army I've spent only around 12 days total with my wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 616
You deserved it 13 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dotVillain 1

Last time I checked, we were free before we were in this war. We actually invaded THEM. Not to say I don't have respect for the troops, but we are fighting in a war that isn't ours. And for my pre-determined response to the people that will ramble on about how they attacked us first: Not one Iraqi has ever killed any of our people on our soil. 9/11 was mainly Saudi Arabians. As for OP, I'm terribly sorry for you. I don't think your life is fuckable, nor do you deserve it at all. You have a wife that loves you enough to stick by you for long periods at a time without seeing you. Be happy you have her, she sounds like a great girl.

girlnexdoor 0

So this guy is crazy about me, but we haven't ever been on a date because he went to the marines before he contacted me again. He was supposed to come back in June but it was postponed till August. So I know how that sucks for you. Hopefully things will get better. (I support you for being in the Army, btw)

Comments

failsatlife23 0

this is THEE dumbest FML ever.

No wonder your name is failsatlife you fuckwad. You do fail at life for not knowing the military protects your sorry ******* ass.

justsomegirl82 0

The military can be a difficult lifestyle. Thank you for fighting in this time of war, and thank you for keeping us safe. God bless you and your family, may you see each other soon.

MCromer 0

godbless you for your service. fyl

FYL for not being able to spend more time with your wife. But, at the same time, the both of you (you being the one enlisted, especially) must've known what you were getting into. You being married and in the military, she being a military wife. It does suck but you're the one who chose to (depending on which came first) enlist and/or get married. YDI for not realizing beforehand that these two choices combined would make for hard times. For what it's worth, I hope that things between the two of you work out better than other "couple distanced by miliatry" stories that have popped up on this site.

Thank your loyal sacrifice but I think it's time for you to leave teacher army to spend time with your wife, unless you know she's ******* another man.

That's a pretty broad generalization. Sure, there are lots of stories of infidelity or disolution of relationships due to being forced to be apart for very long periods of time (whether it be military or other reasons), but there are just as many stories of people being faithful to their partner. The differences, I believe, come down to two factors: a. the type of person involved in the relationship and b.the type of relationship the two people have with each other. Generalizing that "no one" waits for their loved one, without even considering that some people just actually might be commited to each other enough to last long periods of separation, is incredibly myopic.

jchris26 0

My husband's in the army and I hardly see him either. But I'm so proud of him. If you really love her..it'll be fine. And for the rest of you, you wouldn't even have the right to say half the shit you're saying if it were'nt for people like this guy. Use some intelligence.

@ #114: my right to free speech is granted by the Constitution of the United States...not some douchebag in Army fatigues. and don't give me that shit about the military defending the Constitution...that's bullshit because that's the job of ALL American Citizens.

#114 (jchris26) Please pass on my thanks to your husband. The rest of you should remember the words of George Orwell: "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Good for you! Don't date some loser in uniform.

austinsarah2007 0

that loser in that uniform protects your dumbass! watch what you say around people in the military.