By Evil_Angel_90 - 10/09/2013 11:36 - Australia

Today, in order to try and get over my slight fear of swans, I went down to the local park to feed them. One decided that I looked tastier than the bread I was throwing and chased me around the feeding area while everybody laughed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 019
You deserved it 6 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you tried to overcome your fear. Don't listen to the people who laughed at you.

Swans have long necks, so they're very easy to strangle. They're also delicious when served over pasta.

Comments

Swans can be hostile. They're known to attack people in water, especially if they have young around. Some species are more likely to attack than others.

Bread is really bad for waterfowl, btw. And I don't imagine a fear of swans is something that interrupts your daily life all too often. So, I say kudos for trying to get over your fear, but it's probably not worth the hassle of dealing with those mean things again. Leave it be.

Unless swans interfere in your life daily (which I doubt they do) I wouldnt bother trying to do anything like that again

Bread can kill aquatic birds. Please do not ever feed them bread. Try fruit, vegetables, grains or seeds. Bread develops a bacteria that can kill them, in addition to many other health problems.

Evil Angel is afraid of swans? How dark.

pazuzus_intern 10

OP I wouldn't bother trying to get over that fear. Despite their beautiful appearance, they are actually very territorial and vicious birds! I've heard that they killed a man last year (might have been more than one person that's the just the only incident I've heard of) and are very likely to attack people. It's perfectly logical to be afraid of something that can cause you harm.

ydi for feeding bread to birds. try something they can actually digest next time :/