By bigjohn106 - 17/07/2011 12:34 - United States

Today, in front of family and friends, as I got down on one knee, my girlfriend fainted. Her father, a lawyer, rushed over and said, "Anything she says for the next 72 hours is not legally binding" and whisked her away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 699
You deserved it 3 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Symmetry88 0

haha! he sounds like a jackass. But no need to worry, if her dad doesn't like you, it means she does. (:

Comments

Well hopefully when you do it again she won't faint.

perdix 29

Accepting a marriage proposal is not legally binding anyways. It's not until you sign up for the marriage license and say "I do" that the legal shit hits the fan. The fact that your future father-in-law hates you will only make your wife more attracted to you. It's ****** up, but that's the way girls are.

First half: that's what I was thinking. OP should be relieved by the fact that the girl's father is probably not a very good lawyer.

Second Half: girls work in mysterious ways

A wise man once said that a woman either has daddy issues or a penis.

sylverdrag_fml 9

He probably knows it's not legally binding... he doesn't know whether or not the OP knows it.... in other words, he is a dirty lawyer who tries to take advantage of other people's presumed ignorance.

Just have a (future) father-in-law and son chat and meal with lots of bacon. That will make him warm up to you!

Or just have the chat now. There are a good 72 hours to kill, you could make it through a decent amount of bacon-bonding in that time.

ah, the violence and wars that could have been averted by a little cured pig meat -- though one has to wonder what good it'll do in the middle east and southeast asia.

Lisa_Simpson_fml 5

Well, actually, proposals are not legally binding contracts. You'd look rather silly suing her for changing her mind, if she did. I'm sorry her father hates you, though. My dad kind of dislikes this boy crushing on me, Milhouse.. But I guess that's okay, and not similar, because he annoys me, too.

WearingHats 14

Homer doesn't hate Milhouse. He even went dumpster riding with him.

ImmortalKratos 0

you should've gone with Nelson instead. he's poor

he is a lawyer, need I say more??? don't sweat it .... you don't have to be liked by him to be loved by his daughter.

rhpsfan9 10

When you ask her again make sure she's sitting just in case!

saraheve1188 5

You should have made him first too and shouted "Anything you say in the next 72 hours is all BS!!!"