By fuckmyplums - 07/02/2014 23:47 - Austria - Grossarl

Today, I worked up the nerve to ask my boss for a raise. Today is also the day I found out my boss has a shitlist of employees he wants to fire, and that I'm now on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 394
You deserved it 4 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you feel you deserve one then good for you for asking. If you're a loyal employee and actually do your job then it will suck for your boss if he actually let's you go.

Your boss sounds like a major prick. It doesn't hurt to ask. If they say no then let it slide.

Comments

perdix 29

Send your boss an unsigned note ratting out one of your coworkers for stealing or using drugs or something like that. Your boss will scratch his firing itch and you'll still have a job :)

You are one pathetic excuse for a human being. Most of us come with a thing called a soul that contains traits like compassion and such. Too bad it passed you by.

Woh perdix can be crazy at times but I doubt he is a "pathetic excuse for a human being", also it's a joke so calm your ****.

perdix 29

#32, hey, when you're living in a Reign of Terror, sometimes you gotta throw your friends under the bus to survive. It's sad when someone has so much "soul" that it subtracts from their brains.

How long will it take people to understand sarcasm?

perdix 29

#43, the answer, my friend, in blowin' in the wind. The answer is blowin' in the wind. When I see some fool pounce on my patently absurd comments, I simultaneously chuckle at their gullibility and weep a little for the stupidity of humanity. I also pee a little, but that's another story :D

That flawless logic; you totally outsmarted OP's boss. Good one.

buttcramp 21

I read an article about how to properly ask for a raise and also how to get turned down and keep your pride.. just say facts "I've been working this position for x amount of time and I think I'm ready to take on more responsibility because I enjoy working for you and moving forward" then proceed to tell the boss the desired amount of salary.. when the boss responds in your favor shake hands and say "fantastic, I'll make sure this won't be a decision you regret" if the boss says no say "well okay, thanks for the time. Let me get back to proving myself!" and shake hands and exit with a smile.

perdix 29

#17, that's nice, but I've found that repeatedly yelling, "Show me the money!" also works.

buttcramp 21

I could have saved so much time and effort typing my comment.. if only I'd known. lol

Unless he has a legal reason to fire you and all those people, good luck. I'm sure one of those people he ends up firing will be filing a lawsuit against him.

You might want to Google "Right to work state".

Doesn't matter cause Austria isn't a state.

Good! If you asked for a raise and you worked hard and deserve it and the only reason he wants you fired is because you asked for a raise? You don't want to work there anyway.

He cant just fire you for that. Its not right. Sorry OP.

arandomusernameaa 20

We don't know anything about OP so you can't really make that decision. For all we know OP is a lazy mofo...

"Did I say raise? I meant PHRASE... As in I need a new saying in which to be associated with. Any ideas?"

At least you worked up the courage to ask. If you are a hard worker your boss doesn't deserve you in his company

beaverteaser 16

Well that sucks...hope you don't get laid off if you do hope you find a new and better job real quick...