By earthlyscum - 19/05/2015 02:27 - United States - Tinley Park

Today, I woke up to my roommates "pet" snake casually lying in bed with me. I then got yelled at for screaming and scaring the snake. Apparently, it's my fault that it bit my chin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 010
You deserved it 3 677

earthlyscum tells us more.

**** that, I'll eat the damn thing first

Top comments

How else were you supposed to react? It's a f@#king snake!

YDI for having such a delicious looking chin! ;)

Comments

If you're a snake person snakes may be awesome to you. Call me a bitch if you want, but if I see a snake I will nope the **** out of there.

This is definitely a FYL. That being said, although the snake and your roommate are in the wrong, the snake being on your bed hence being in a position to startle you initially, yelling and screaming will scare the snake causing you to get bitten. However if I woke with a snake in my bed, I'm more than sure I would have acted the same way. You need to have serious discussion with your flatmate about his "pet".

when I started to read this definitely thought pet snake was an innuendo

I'm not sure that snakes can hear anything...

I have a strange hunch you've argued with friends about whether dogs can look up.

Levvy gets an Internet cookie for that reference.

They can, although they don't have ears. Instead they have an interesting structure in their mouth, allowing them to 'hear' vibrations. They don't hear quite like people, but the scream and the movement would have definitely alarmed the snake. Probably just wanted a warm place to sleep, poor baby. :[

Sextonator 9

Wow, your roommate sucks!! They should have been responsible and kept the snake away from you, especially since you were asleep.

Shit happens, and snakes love to escape.

obliviongillette 18

That's awesome!! I mean waking up next to the snake... Sorry about your chin though.

Oh no no. I would never let a damn snake in my house! I'd do more than a scream, I'd scream, pee a little and run out of the house regardless how I looked

NOOOO!!!! I've own a pet snake before and I know all the dangers. DO NOT go to your friends house if the snake gets any bigger. If a snake sleeps vertically next to you, it's measuring you and estimating how long it'll have to wait before swallowing you. If you are smaller in size than your friend, the snake might actually want to you. Be careful!! Look this up, I'm not lying.

I agree you're not lying about your warning. Lying requires you to be aware you're wrong. I hope you are lying about having had snakes before, however, if your understanding of their care and behavior comes from decades-old urban legends. If you're going to tell people to look this up, perhaps you should check for yourself exactly what reputable publication you can find such information is. You might find it isn't what you assumed it was.

If you wake up and your pet snake is lying down straight full length next to you that means it is sizing you up to see if it is big enough to eat you! If it stops eating you should probably get it put down because that means the snake is trying to save room for a bigger meal!

Did you know the phrase "easy to deceive" is spelled the same way forwards as backwards?