By earthlyscum - 19/05/2015 02:27 - United States - Tinley Park

Today, I woke up to my roommates "pet" snake casually lying in bed with me. I then got yelled at for screaming and scaring the snake. Apparently, it's my fault that it bit my chin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 010
You deserved it 3 677

earthlyscum tells us more.

**** that, I'll eat the damn thing first

Top comments

How else were you supposed to react? It's a f@#king snake!

YDI for having such a delicious looking chin! ;)

Comments

The snake probably wanted a cuddle buddy (;

maddieex 14

Just so you know, snakes often stretch themselves out when they're preparing to eat something. I don't know how big the snake is but make sure that it won't swallow you.

chef4money 12

It's not like waking up to a kitten in your bed. It's a damn snake, yes some people love them but I would say the majority doesn't. I would flip the **** out too and then flip again after it bit me.

HighasaCloud 46

If it's casually laying there, why would you startle it force it to react in defense? From the context of your FML, it didn't bite you before you woke up. So seriously; leave it alone if it's not bothering you. You were just asking for trouble. You mess with the bull, you get the horns. Let sleeping dogs lie. We have aggressive animal euphemisms for a reason.

"That's amazing how subjective and biased you sound." I'm not disagreeing with the rest of your post, but I'm not completely certain you know what either of those words means. Neither makes any sense in this case. What outside factor are you saying is biasing them? And what the heck does it mean to call a person "subjective"? Ideas and concepts are subjective. Sorry, just rankles me a bit. Those are two words people on the internet seem to use just to make a sentence sound fancy instead of actually contributing meaning. It's ALMOST as bad as using "literally" to mean the exact opposite.

And that is when I shot my roommate and his snake Officer.

#133 yes, but with a half-decent terrarium the snake shouldn't be able to escape. Yeah, it should be expensive, but it's better than getting bit or 'spooned'.

I would start a search for a new roomate, just to prevent further injuries and complications.

YDI I highly doubt the OP moved in not knowing he would be living with a snake. We aren't talking about his brat of a brother. If you can't accept a snake as a real pet you should never live with one. Period. The only possible chance for me to feel any sympathy is if the roommate either hid the fact that he had a snake, or bought it in the middle of a lease without consulting the OP.

That's when you channel your inner Steve Irwin, grab a stick and play with the snake, all while yelling "Crikey, he's an angry little fella!"

PANDORUM89 21

your roommate is why a lot of snake lovers can't have snakes in apartments. if you can't properly contain it dont have it. ESPECIALLY if you live with someone that is afraid of snakes. my roommate never even saw my snakes the year I lived there. my dad saw mine once and its because I didn't expect him to turn the corner and walk over. otherwise they are in locked tanks and are only played with when the scared members of the family leave or I go in the room. it's called respect for others. I would hate it if someone had a pet roach or tarantula and always had it out around me or it was able to escape its tank. I'd freak.