By Thomas - 13/12/2009 06:46 - Canada

Today, I woke up to find my parents singing "Happy birthday" with lots of hugs and kisses. My birthday is next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 735
You deserved it 2 717

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least they care enough to sing to you, even if they got the date a little wrong. Still, FYL, because well, if your parents can't remember your birthday, then who can, really?

Use this to your advantage, after they celebrate and give you present tell them it's next week and make them celebrate it again

Comments

Agreed, not an FML. While living with them, my parents once forgot my birthday and didn't realize it until my sister called them the next day - now that sucks.

Unless they both are descending into Alzheimer's, WTF? I can understand a very young child or a distant relative forgetting your birthday. But your parents? That's....depressing. Unless you're adopted, one parent knocked up the one who carried you for approximately nine months and then pushed you out. And giving birth is usually a date you remember. And even if you were adopted, they're still pretty dumb. A child's birthday is something most parents just instinctively remember year after year. Your mother. Is. A moron. You have my sympathies. Unless you were going to be busy on your birthday next week and your parents decided to celebrate early so they could have the entire day with you. Then it's understandable.

As punishment, make them buy you something really expensive. FYL that sucks.

atleast they didn't do it a week after your birthday.

Apparently, your birthday turns into a festival which will last a week. Be positive.

It must suck to be the OP, his parents woke him up to sing them happy birthday and gave him lots of hugs and kisses...if you think that makes you life f up, you can my parents who forgot my bday while I was in Iraq....stupid spoiled child

Holy ****! Your parents are bitches. Who the hell forgets their child's birthday?

Are you sure your birthday is next week?