By lonely girl - 11/03/2013 04:17 - United States

Today, I went with my dad to Starbucks. There is this really cute guy who works there and he kept looking over at me, so I went over to say hi. He ended up asking if my dad was single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 936
You deserved it 4 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She obviously said, "He's not single, but I am. Watching you is making me hotter than your coffee, so no need for more cream for me."

Comments

Everything your dad wants when he goes to coffee with his daughter is you ditching him to go hit on some starbucks attendant...

Silly guy. OP exists because her dad is straight. I'm not sure her dad will change tastes anytime soon.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Well now, that's not a fair assumption to make... it's probably the most obvious one, yes, and is probably the case in this situation. But it's very possible for someone to have children naturally with someone BEFORE coming to terms with their sexuality. It's possible for a parent to be bisexual. Or OPs dad could be gay- gay people can have kids, so yeah. Tons of possibilities, the Starbucks guy just took a shot.

The Starbucks guy didn't know that the guy op was sitting with was her dad

#39, plenty of gay men get married, have children, and only later come to terms with their sexuality. Or did you not see "Brokeback Mountain"? And consider Senator Wide Stance--he identified as straight but was toe-tapping in an airport bathroom. Now, it's quite possible OP's dad is straight and Starbucks boy's gaydar failed him. Or he's taking a shot in the dark. But he's not interested in OP, sadly for her.

Did he also write "to the hottest guy I'll see today" on his drink?

Story of my life Hun I feel ya! Hag life!

Was he blonde? XD (Neurotically yours ref) XD

jxcala 10

You should have said "and ready to mingle."

gregkingsley 4

Thought women had good gaydars? Your loss and your dads gain

Your dad must be pretty cute himself