By santabelly - 02/12/2016 04:44

Today, I was trying to use the video editing software on my computer for a group project. It then wanted me to purchase another program that cost over $130. One of my teammates told me to buy it, because, "I could afford to skip a few lunches." FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 560
You deserved it 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cheeky. Some people need to put a sock in their mouth. Tell him/her to buy it instead or shut up.

Not sure if this post is against the rules or not. If it is just remove it. But I recommend downloading the thirty day free trial of Adobe Premiere. It's simple to use, and gives really good results. The software you have on a standard PC is shit. It won't ask you to install a $130 program either. It's what I use as a filmmaker.

Comments

Cheeky. Some people need to put a sock in their mouth. Tell him/her to buy it instead or shut up.

Ask them for a daily knuckle sandwich in return. They can afford it.

cootiequeen4444 11

yeah, that sounds like a great plan. I can imagine it now..OP: I'd like a knuckle sandwich please. Two, actually. Rude person: *punches OP not once but twice* OP: WTF. I'm supposed to be punching you! In a tit for tat sorta way. And now not only is my self esteem bruised, but so is my face :c Rude person: I don't think you know how knuckle sandwiches work. Also,.things come in threes so you should probably bruise your wallet and spent the dough on that edit program OP: ... Hold on a sec... *deletes FML app* (hmm. I'm having second thoughts on that being a great plan)

Not sure if this post is against the rules or not. If it is just remove it. But I recommend downloading the thirty day free trial of Adobe Premiere. It's simple to use, and gives really good results. The software you have on a standard PC is shit. It won't ask you to install a $130 program either. It's what I use as a filmmaker.

mariri9206 32

Perhaps they should buy it and use it to edit their personality, instead?

awildwhisper 30

I hate when people are judgmental out of nowhere. I'd pull them aside later and ask them to not say things like that especially in front of other group members.

And this is why this craze for group work has gone too far! Your grade depends far too much on the assholes you get paired with!

It's a form of realistic learning - not too many jobs let you operate in a bubble of introvertedness. You're probably going to have to work with other people in the real world - better get used to dealing with assholes when your paycheck isn't on the line.

But in a real job you can report them to HR and get them reprimanded. Because its still inappropriate behaviour.

Most jobs don't care about your feelings. They only pretend to react.

That's sucky op. Unfortunately you likely will have to work with others in real life, so school/college is trying to train you to work in a group. Learning how to deal with "leeches" is all part of the process. In both school and the workplace, ensure that your higher-up knows that you've done the majority of the work, and a fair boss/teacher will often reward as such. Good luck with the project

cootiequeen4444 11

I'd go "Oh really? That's funny because you look like you could use some meat on them bones so how 'bout you BITE ME, YOU ******' ASSHOLE! *flips them the bird with both hands*" Judgemental douchnozzles seriously piss me off :|

And if they were a toddler then they probably would bite you.

In OP's shoes, I would inform them that, unless they front some of the money for the program, they can fully expect me to go to the instructor over their behavior. ESPECIALLY since they are also expecting OP to do the actual editing in addition to fronting the entire cost of the program for their benefit. HR exists for a reason in companies, and the Professor (and college, if the Professor fails to take the matter seriously) is obligated to take on that role if their reasoning behind the group project is to simulate a "natural" work environment. Alternatively, if possible, ignore the program's request for you to buy a different program, and continue using it or download a different free program. Regardless of what other actions OP takes, I would suggest that, if their verbal bullying continues, that they speak to the Professor in private about their inappropriate behavior putting a strain on the working relationship of the group.