By Anonymous - 26/07/2015 22:43 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, I went to put a lasagna in the oven for dinner. I was greeted by a revolting scent of a chicken-soup and biscuits boxed dinner. The fridge apparently was too full for my brother to put it away inside, so he covered it up and forgot about it in the oven. We made that dinner two weeks ago. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 23 401
You deserved it 2 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You went two weeks without opening your oven??

I would like to apologise for your brothers stupidity and every other stupid thing he has ever done. This is harsh. Really unlucky OP

Comments

that took a remarkably long time to notice

I don't even want to imagine the smell

On the bright side, your oven is apparently remarkably airtight! But seriously, how didn't you notice for two whole weeks?

Goblin182 26

Two weeks without using your oven? Sounds like my family. I think I will get in the habit of at least checking it every couple of days.

At least it wasn't an animal that had crawled in there and died. Or crawled in and been cooked alive. Yes I am speaking from personal experience. Unfortunately.

You mean you don't cook every day? Very strange. Just don't eat the chicken soup.

Megatron_Griffin 25

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, so this is not meant to sound condescending or rude. Most people cook everyday, not everyone BAKES everyday though. Especially if it is the summertime, it can feel like you're running the heat in the middle of summer

Some people don't cook every day - whether it be because they eat out a lot or they make large batches then have leftovers. Even if you do cook everyday, you can easily go without using the oven - Personally, I use the stove top much more than the oven. There's also crock pots, rice cookers, microwave ovens, and so on.

wheelchairchick 11

I don't know anybody who cooks every day. I know my family doesn't and when we do cook it doesn't require the oven for the most part.

My mom got me into the habit of opening the oven and checking before I turn it on. She used to keep pots in there as storage. I can't tell you how many times I had to find homes for 450° pots and pans so I could cook dinner. She's been gone almost ten years and I still always open the oven before turning it on.

EcoAirWarrior 7

Youre lucky in thst the source wasnt a rotting corpse. A pungent odour inside the oven in my kitchen was revealed to be the sickly odour of barbecued flesh from a mouse that ventured inside looking for tasty morsels and later broiled alive. We did finally know why our labrador seemed so agitated though.

Time to start using the oven more often :)

Rookie mistake, always check as you preheat the oven when living with other people. (Though, to be fair, I've only found dirty dishes in there before, not actual food)

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Why were there dirty dishes in the oven? Who does that?