By obese_chicken - 06/11/2009 06:59 - Australia

Today, I went out to celebrate my birthday with a big group of friends. After waiting in line to get into a club, the bouncer looked me up and down and said, "No fat chicks." My friends went into the club without me and left me to take a $100 taxi home alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 056
You deserved it 8 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i'm sorry, that really sucks. you could do without friends like that..

I'm so sorry. Unless you're drastically overweight, that's terrible, and totally not your fault.

Comments

perdix 29

The FML here is the disloyalty of her friends on her BIRTHDAY! They ditched her on her BIRTHDAY! The reason they went out was to celebrate her BIRTHDAY! Unless you have a relatively rare condition, your fat is your fault. Also, a club can choose who gets in and who doesn't. You pay dearly to go to a club to encounter a certain class of people (that depends on what the club wants its image to be) Gay yuppies would not be welcome at a biker bar, but they probably don't need a bouncer to enforce that. I hope for your birthday, you get one good, loyal friend.

BriniBrutal90 0

That is absolute bullshit. I can't believe the way people agree with the bastards in society today. Yes, I'm fat, but is that a reason to not let me in a club? NO! People act like the only body image guys go for is tooth pick skinny and mosquito bite boobs. WTF? Those people didn't seem like very good friends anyway. Have a party and don't invite them.

I love how so many comments defending fat people immediately dichotomise the population into fat and 'tooth pick skinny and mosquito bite boobs'. I hope you realise there is actually a large healthy range in the middle that a majority of people are attracted to.

Clubs have every right to refuse entry.

actually in English law they don't, they can have self imposed policies, like no trainers etc.. but denying due to appearance is not legal, and would not be accepted by the safeguarding authorities, it also breaks human rights and is very discriminative, If it was taken to court the likely outcome us that the person not the club would win, a large amount of money could also be given out for psychological harm, which could be anything from nightmares, to stress. it could also be in breach of trading standards as being overweight is not a satisfactory reason to be denied entry, and would be the same as denying someone with anorexia, or someone who is a transsexual, or even by the colour of the skin. OP should have just asked the name of the bouncer and manger at the time, and contacted head office with the complaint, and see how it went from there... and this knowledge is gained by studying English law for four years hoping become a lawyer. it was illegal and immoral.

Actually I kinda wanna know what club that is or at least find a similar one :o

tomandhicky 0

Do you want some advice... In my humble opinion you should LOSE SOME F***ING WEIGHT!!! Much love xx

Flutist 3

Wow, I love how being fat is a reason for you to be ditched on your birthday and go home to an empty house, to sit alone and feel like shit. She might not have been fat, it might have been a shallow club. She might just have been curvy and not as pretty as her friends. Either way, sitting here insulting her and telling her to take it because she is fat is no way to help her. At least some people on here told her to do something about it, even if it was in an insulting manner. Either way, being told you are not worthy of friends because you are fat is wrong. Losing weight is great, but respecting yourself is hard to do. How would you feel if you were told you can't go into a club for being black or having large breasts or being blond?

It sucks, but instead of paying for the $100 taxi ride home, even a $20 would have likely bought your entry into the club. It beats the hell out of the alternative.

It's not so much the club bouncer, usually it's his job is to ensure that people who get in are attractive (that or get fired... immoral but you have to make a living somehow). The "friends" are the only ones i have a problem with. How can you have a party for someone you just ditched? Also, as far as being fat... i have to say at it's most basic of elements it is their own fault. You're simply taking in more than your body needs. I blame advertising and media though,you'd be surprised how often you'll want to eat something simply because there's food around instead of because you're legitimately hungry. Standard marketing, convince people they want something that they don't need. Western culture is like that, we don't understand the concept of "daily bread". Don't eat immediately the next time you THINK you're hungry and you'll see what i mean. Just a piece of genuine advice since you obviously like the sort of environment. I figured it's more practical than "don't hang out with shallow people".

Krittick 0

holy shit at all the fat apologists in these comments. if you are fat stop eating you retards. "disorders" are an excuse, not a cause. you deserve to get denied and the guy should have stabbed you for ruining society with your tub of lard