By obese_chicken - 06/11/2009 06:59 - Australia

Today, I went out to celebrate my birthday with a big group of friends. After waiting in line to get into a club, the bouncer looked me up and down and said, "No fat chicks." My friends went into the club without me and left me to take a $100 taxi home alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 053
You deserved it 8 323

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i'm sorry, that really sucks. you could do without friends like that..

I'm so sorry. Unless you're drastically overweight, that's terrible, and totally not your fault.

Comments

I am sorry but i can sympathize with anyone who has been discriminated upon weight. Unless you have some medical condition (which is very rarely the case), i am not able to feel bad for you Maybe the bounce was an asshole, and your friends suck, but put some effort in making your life better and start by whining less on the Internet

er, hypothyroidism is a medical condition which is actually quite common in causing weight gain.

Oh yes, #13, you're so right. By her admitting that she went out for ONE NIGHT instead of exercising, it means that she needs to make more of an effort to make her life better. Nevermind that she might already be trying to lose weight; obviously, she just shouldn't show her face in public until she passes your strict standards. And of course, overweight people can't be on the internet! And even if they are insulted, it's their fault for being out in public. And for the record, the entire point of this website is "whining." It's called **** My Life. That's the whole damn point of the website, so you kind of just sound like an asshole.

But probably isn't the case. Most fat people are fat because they eat too much and don't exercise....

marshmallowmouse 0

#13, this site's whole purpose is to whine, dumbass

I know skinny people that eat like horses & don't exercise and fat people that eat healthy & exercise. It has to do with genes. Of course there is effects you can have on that, but you are stupid for looking at someone's appearance and thinking you can draw a direct correlation to the amount of work they put into it. DIAF.

I couldn't let that one go organised chaos... "Multiple studies of families, adoptees, twins and, most powerfully, adopted twins (4,5) have all confirmed that heritable factors are likely to be responsible for 45–75% of the inter-individual variation in body mass index (the commonly used measure of adiposity) (3,6–8)...there is a danger that the effects of such hereditary influences on weight will be downplayed at a time when we are beginning, for the first time, to have a genuine understanding of the molecules involved in the control of body weight and how genetic variation in them can influence human obesity." Farooqi, I.S. &, O’Rahilly, S. (2007) Genetic factors in human obesity, Obesity Reviews, 8(1), p. 37-40

_failboat_ 0

Thyroid problems are not as uncommon as you think.

There's nothing wrong with her. Some people don't mind the trade for the freedom to eat yummy decadent endulgent food mMmmm :P get over it.

i totally agree. genetics are a bitch. there's this thing, called 'set point', which is the weight your genes programmed you to be, and its really hard to maintain your weight more than 10 pounds outside this range, unless you have really really unhealthy habits.

I'd demand to talk to the manager or something, I'm pretty sure they can't discrimnate based on weight!

they can discriminate however the hell they want to, and do you really think a bouncer would get the manager out for some fat chick?

She doesn't need to, all she has to do is take a pic on her phone and have the whole club up for descrimination.

The good point is that you know they were not real friends! (be positive.. hum..)

Raiderwrstler65 0

hm. sounds like someone needs to lose weight

Regardless of weight, they are not your friends. Now you know what will be required to be their "friend". That's not friendship. They are shallow and I would set forth on new adventures with people who actually LIKE you. I feel so bad for you. It always hurts when people you thought cared about you dump you for what they think is "something better". Cut your losses. You deserve better. Big hug. Now go make some REAL friends.

And you let the bouncer get away with that?? Hell, even if you are fat you still should have put up some fight. Gone all "I'm a lawyer and I know my rights. If you don't let me in I will sue you and the club for discrimination". You should have kicked up a stink, demanded to see the manager and explain it is your birthday, you have brought a big group of business to his club and they want to discriminate against you?? Just don't loose your cool while doing so or they may just call the cops on you. If you are calm, forceful and stand your ground they would have caved in. Just stand your ground next time and if they try to physically move you along scream rape and call the cops. See how quickly they will let you in just to shut you up. ;)

What happened to "The management reserves the right to refuse admission"?

Oh they defiantly have that right. If your drunk, not properly dressed, or acting stupid perhaps. But because she was overweight? Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen to me.

shout rape? oh yeah, because they want to run their club the way they want they should be put in prison for something they didnt think of doing. Thats the way to go!

I study law. The management can refuse entry into a club on any grounds. Clearly, in court they wouldn't say "I wouldn't let this person in my club because they are black", but it wouldn't get to court anyway because its their right. Not to mention the fact nobody is stupid enough to pay hideous amounts of money to get legally represented for such a pointless case, just go to a different club and get over it.

Had the club just denied admission and told her the reason was that they "Reserve the right to refuse service to anynoe", I'd say no issue. But if she wanted to make a federal case of it - literally - it seems there are probably media-hungry attorneys willing to take up the cause. Bottom line - the bouncer was an idiot for telling her the specific reason.

No solicitor would take on that case because there isn't a case, they didn't do anything wrong other than be a bit rude. And Jimboom, need I really point out that you cannot be raped by a venue?

Why would you argue with the bouncer to let you in the club after he told you that you were too fat? I would have turned around and left too, thats humiliating& no reason to make a scene. What real fat chick wants to enter a club that only skinny chicks have been admitted to anyway? These' friends' are not your friends, kick em to the curb!

NotNegativeNews 0

Clubs in Australia have been forced to stop doing that.

word of mouth is a bitch though and the right kind of campaign can **** them over. They should think about these things and people should remember it goes both ways and they have power too.

Get new friends, and never go to that club again.

Excuse me, lady: your friends can come in, but you can't. Oh! Those aren't your friends, just your huge ass! :O

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Lose some weight.

Skull_300 0

You paid the cabbie didn't you? What's the problem here?