By Cheap N Happy - 17/02/2012 09:44 - United States

Today, I went out on a first date. He insisted we go to McDonald's and split a Happy Meal because he "didn't want to waste any money on a first date." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 694
You deserved it 4 560

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow how cheap can you be to split a happy meal and not a big mac meal?

Comments

I hope there isn't going to be a second date.

GoW_Chick 14

Well that's bullshit, he could at least hve gotten you your own happy meal! Call me selfish, but I sure as hell would not want to share the oh so amazing toy that it comes with..

I am assuming that will also be the last date.

First dates are all about giving a good first impression, and that's one of the WORST first impressions that a man can give to a woman. Cheap bastards like him deserve to be Forever Alone. So do fast-food loving idiots who have no such thing as good taste. Dump him and go out with someone who actually understands what dating and relationships are supposed to be about.

GoW_Chick 14

I really don't like your comment, he deserves to be forever alone just because he didn't take her to some fancy place on a first date?! Yes he could of picked a better place, like a fair, coffee shop, or a walk in the park with ice-cream. Yes first dates are about good first impressions, but a guy shouldn't have to blow his entire paycheck just to 'impress' a girl, if he does then I'd say she isn't worth the effort and he should find some who is nice, and not all about price.

Rocky007 15

So basically you want a sugar daddy to spend on your high maintenance ass. He definitely weeded you out.

I sure hope you put out- buying half a happy meal still counts as paying for dinner. These are the rules of dating.

Well, I don't blame him though. I know lots of people say that is lame and all. But it's better to blow a huge load amount of money on a person for a date then find out that the person you just went on a date with is just a total dick. So get over it OP. So I am not giving you a YDI or FYL just this comment. So if was being an asshole all the way, then poor you OP at least you didn't have to pay a lot of money. If he was nice and charming afterwards then don't post this on FML.

If ya'll end up together, it will be a great story for your sons to use as an excuse on their first dates. ;)

Sorry you deserve it. Cheap dates can always be stopped with an "Excuse me!"