By crapcrapcrap - 14/03/2010 07:00 - United States

Today, I went on my first date with a guy I really like. He completely ignored me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 139
You deserved it 4 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anonnamus 0

Today, some strange girl sat at my table during lunch break. She wouldn't stop staring at me, and kept asking me about my hopes and dreams. I tried to avoid eye contact and ate my lunch so fast, I had bad gas for the rest of the day. FML

plainDainty 0

then make sure there isn't a second date. end of story.

Comments

OP -- Life is too short to sit through the entirety of a bad date. Should anything like this happen again, feel free to gather up your self-respect and walk away mid-date. You can and should be polite about it (saying something like, "Thank you for asking me out, but it appears we're not a good match/don't have any chemistry/you're uncomfortable with me/I'm uncomfortable with you, so I'm going to say 'good-bye' now".) Then leave. If you're on a dinner date, be sure to pay for your share of the meal on your way out.

Then that should be your last date with him. The solution doesn't appear to be that difficult to me.

How did this shit get posted? Grow up.

obviously your boring:) be more fun. don't be afraid to put yourself out there at least a little

Im the op who posted this, and yeah I was fun and was trying to have a good time but he just sat there, and yea he knew it was a date. We both like eachother but apparently he's been like this with every past girl?

and it was not m fault at all. i wore the prettiest dress and did my hair lovely. and yeah, he likes me. no. it wasnt a dare. you people cant assume stuff. sorry i didnt give more detail.

Has the guy been on many dates? If he hasn't, he may just have been scared shitless. People act silly around people they like...

Monikabug 9

I think you need to just get a new one. If he wants to act like that then you shou

Monikabug 9

then you should* just find a new guy to crush on. There are a lot of single guys in the world who do NOT act like that. :) good luck. FYL.

VeryNice329 0

will there be a second??? ;)

& how can you assume i was texting ?????? i wasnt texting AT ALL. people dont even know what happened and i didnt deserve it. if you woulda asked anyone. we went somewhere and he left me alone when i was trying to be fun. he sat a table and did nothing while i had fun. i wasnt going to be boring just because of that. if i say i had fun you would say that im a sluttly party girl, if i say i was being calm you'll say i was boring.

VeryNice329 0

well I'm sorry op. bad dates happen to the best of us. you'll find another guy you like in due time and he won't ignore you.

Monikabug 9

@OP, listen, I am not trying to be rude, but unless you just crawled out from underneath a rock, you know how these comments work. There are going to be a fair share of "you should have been in the kitchen," "YDI for having a ******," and many other pointless and senseless comments. Stop taking things so seriously, no one knows what happened that night but you and the guy you were with. You don't need to get all upset over something that someone you don't know said. Think about it. ._.

^^ This. FML is not like chatting to your friends. You get a small amount of characters from which we enjoyably extrapolate every tiny potential scenario and bitch-fight each other about random guesses and deliver massive sweeping judgements. That's why it's fun.

if you left him at a table,werent you ignoring him more than he was ignoring you?

^^ Again, this. I was too busy dealing with your ignorance of the site first time round, but indeed, it's bad form on a date to try and dominate what you do. No, you didn't have to be 'boring', but you can be 'fun' and sit with the guy. First dates generally involve just a lil' bit of getting to know each other.