By My Life Is Just PERFECT - 30/03/2013 15:29 - United States

Today, I went on a blind date that my friend set up for me. It was going pretty good, then he said he was going to go out to smoke. 10 minutes went by and he still hadn't come back. I called my friend and she said he doesn't smoke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 957
You deserved it 4 128

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's just so rude. Even if you weren't his type, he didn't even have the courtesy to at least continue on with the date.

olpally 32

What a douche bag. Good riddance! You can do better than that asshole. Keep trying op!

Comments

What did you say that made him take up smoking on a first date, OP?

RpiesSPIES 27

Maybe he went to a gas station to buy some cigarettes so he could look cool in your eyes for smoking... This is why people need to take honesty into perspective. I feel that telling someone politely how I'd really feel about how a date has been going. It would be a lot less hurtful than leaving them without then knowing, and sticking them with the bill at that.

That's a nice variant on the "going to buy cigarettes" classic - never to come back. Still, what an asshole!

perdix 29

It takes me about 15 hours to smoke a brisket, so you should wait another 14 hours and 50 minutes before you get suspicious. When he comes back with the smoked brisket, the wait will be so worth it!

NewYorkMexPR 14

U should of left when he said he was going for a smoke. Smokers are nasty

Haha maybe in that 10min he checked you out on fb and didn't like how your profile pic looks like. In case your wondering what I'm talking about, read the fml a few below.

SilverInGray 25

Dude, if you have to explain the joke...

******* classy.... Good for you, in a way!!

...And that's when I realized that I was the blind date...!

That's pretty messed he could've just said he didn't want to stay any longer or something raided walking out