By davifilo - 26/10/2012 09:40 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, I went bowling. I noticed a 10-year-old holding an iPod Touch which had the exact same customized case with my name on it as my iPod that was stolen a year ago at the same bowling centre. Even better, the parents yelled at me for accusing him. I got kicked out the bowling centre. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 008
You deserved it 2 620

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some parents don't deserve to be parents

They went back to the scene of the crime without even trying to disguise the stolen goods? FYL

Comments

AZBAWOOD 1

shoulda just walked up to him, smashed him in the face like a cave man and said "mine!" then when his parents tried to do something, just flex your arms up in the air and say "what?"

It was over a year ago how could you prove that it's yours?

You haven't been following the dialogue or reading other comments have you? Also, you obviously don't own an apple product because you have to register the products in your name before you can use them. All OP would have to do to prove it was his is go to the computer in the bowling alley and bring up his iTunes account and show the police the matching serial numbers. OP would then get his iPod back with no questions asked.

I hate kids. I would have taken it out of his hands. It literally HAS your name on it! Where did his parents even think he got it in the first place? Little brat. Shit parents.

But yeah, I'm betting the parents stole it. Or know and are just too arrogant to allow you to "insult" their child by calling him indirectly a thief. Sorry, OP.

Hope you called the police. It will show up under your registered iPod , so how can they refute that. I guess from you posting this, you nutted up and went home. Defeatist attitude when one knows they are in the right - SMH!

klimp5488 3

I just want to know why the kid left the custom case with OP's name on it, for over a year. My other question is, shouldn't the parents know where a expensive device such as a iPod touch came from, and if they did it is a shame that they allow/encourage such behavior in their child.

That really sucks. What kind of parents are they?

What if the person who stole the ipod ditched the case / sold it... and what if that kid's name is the same as OPs... If that truely was OPs case then that kid and his parents are pure idiots and without punishment will do a lot worst in the future.