By anonymous - 16/07/2015 22:21 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I watched a young shop assistant try her hardest to flirt with my 20-year-old son. When he continued to be totally oblivious, she outright invited him back to her flat. When he asked, "What for?" a piece of my soul died at how completely I have failed as a father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 190
You deserved it 5 163

Top comments

"Wanna come **** me?" "Err...what are the benefits?"

Some people are just completely oblivious about flirting, doesn't mean they don't know about sex. Besides, it may be all a show because his dad is right there! It's awkward.

Comments

I think most father's would have had a piece of their soul die if that was to happen.... not your fault OP. it will make a fun story for you whenever he realizes what happened lol.

You raised a non-horndog. You didn't fail.

Baron_Kaz 15

Maybe he wasn't in to the chick, maybe he was playing hard to get. What chick invites a guy at her work place to her home? You waNt your boy to catch something? Your boy did good.

Maybe, just maybe, your son didn't feel confortable picking up a girl with his father.

So your son is not interested in women at the moment, big deal. Let him be. As long as he is happy, so should you be.

I don't think you fail as a father because your son has standards, isn't deranged, and doesnt want to stick his penis inside any and every thing that breathes. I think you did a decent job honestly. Appreciate what you have op.

Would you feel the same if you were father to the 20 year old ho trying to do a guy she doesn't know in front of his dad?...

Honestly, sounds like you did a great job. You raised a kid that doesn't feel pressured to act the way that society (and you) expects him. It's perfectly fine to not be interested in someone just because they are willing to sleep with you.

Maybe he did ot on purpose because he was'nt interested ?

To be honest I'd probably be a little bit shattered but at the same time be extremely proud. Well done OP for raising a genuine young man

Ah the shattered but extremely proud feeling that no one has ever experienced.