By Anonymous - 01/07/2013 20:35 - United States - Tunkhannock

Today, I was working as a nurse, and an elderly man had just passed away. As the patient's wife was leaving she said, "Thank you for taking such good care of my husband." Then I, intending to say "Sorry for your loss," said "Thank you for your loss." FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 310
You deserved it 9 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sumbum95 15

That's okay Op everyone has brain fats just explain what you meant & call it a day :)

shaww 28

It's even worse for me. I tried saying, while babysitting, "I'll also put your son to sleep" and was thinking to myself, "I'll do the dishes as well" and ended up saying "I'll do your son to sleep"

Comments

football98_fml 20

RIP to the old man amd to u, OP

shaww 28

It's even worse for me. I tried saying, while babysitting, "I'll also put your son to sleep" and was thinking to myself, "I'll do the dishes as well" and ended up saying "I'll do your son to sleep"

CharresBarkrey 15

Why wouldn't you say "put your son to bed?" Putting something to sleep sounds like you're killing them.

at least he would be humane about it

shaww 28

I actually did try but it wasn't "approved"

Bad timing for verbal diarrhea there OP.. I bet granny was absolutely mortified O.O

Thank you for being a dum dum OP. :) We all appreciate you.

alexwow1 13

She probably is going too complain about you to the manager

zakariah 5

I'm sure she knew what you really meant

Hey, keep your head up! Word jumbles happen to the best of us. Sure, it probably came as a shock to the lady, but I'm assuming she would understand.

People, please. No one's going to complain to the manager, granny's not going to be mortified. It was an honest mistake, I've tripped over my tongue in the course of my Nursing career. As long as the sentiment was sincere, the lady will understand.

Exactly. I don't know why people are freaking, slips of the tongue like that are not uncommon.