By Anonymous - 18/03/2011 09:25 - United States

Today, I was woken up by my 5 year-old daughter hitting me with a pillow because she had a dream that I was using her toothbrush on the dog. We don't have a dog. She is now refusing to brush her teeth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 149
You deserved it 4 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pick your battles. She will forget about it soon. But the more you push, the more she will push back and the longer she will remember.

Comments

It´s just a toothbrush, if it´s the first time she pulls something like this just buy her a new. Telling her that she won´t get a new toothbrush might not be the smartest idea, I don´t know about you but brushing my teeth wasn´t the thing I looked forward to the most when I was 5, she probably end up not brushing them at all. If you think a toothbrush is to expensive or if you want to make a point you can always refuse and force her to watch "The Dentist", she will brush her teeth until her gum starts bleeding, but that would just be bad parenting.

cptmorgan15 2

I don't know why, but those extra spaces in between the apostrophes are killing me. Stop!

We all need a little bit extra space, don´t we?

@ #57, It looks odd because those aren't apostrophes, they're acute accents.

she just does not want to brush her teeth now go on the intrrnet find some of the more "extreme" pictures of want can happen to people who do not brush their teeth print them out show them to her and explain about them. she is going to have to learn about it sometime anyways so why not now.

take her to the store, get her to pick one out then get her a special tooth brush holder that covers the bristles( can be found at any dollar store ) if you involve your child it works better

About time to start parenting that brat.

that isn't bad. just beat her with a pillow while she's sleeping. she'll stop

I thought everyone knew that they will not let you fly if it expires within 6 months, regardless of how long you are going. Maybe if you looked into it more this wouldn't have happened.

Well its possible that she lost/broke her toothbrush and wants to avoid trouble by making a bad lie like that. Ask her where her toothbrush is and where the dog is. If she can't answer then don't get her a new one. This isn't an FML so I can't say YDI or FYL.

kaitlynFail 0

So get the kid a new toothbrush.