By MDoremis - 21/04/2015 13:37 - United States

Today, I was walking in the shoes I'm going to wear for a wedding and fell, spraining my ankle. I'm the Matron of Honor and I can barely walk. The wedding is in three days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 092
You deserved it 4 363

MDoremis tells us more.

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice! I got some X-rays done and thankfully nothing was fractured or broken (and the screws from a previous break did not get wrenched loose in the fall)! I've been lucky enough to be assigned to completing the tasks, favors and whatnot, where I can prop my foot up and keep ice on it. I've also purchased a nice pair of flats, because there is no way I'm falling and breaking myself day of the wedding. As for a response from the bride, she pretty much told me it took a lot longer to fall than she thought it would (I'm super, super clumsy), and to keep off my feet so I can still be in the wedding without hurting myself again.

Top comments

Sprained mine playing volleyball a few weeks ago and so did a friend. Keep it up, elevated and ice it 20 minutes off and on for the two days before while taking ibuprofen every 6 hours to help too. If you got it checked out and they gave you an aircast, try and walk on it with that near the end of the second day and see if you can. The swelling should have gone down a lot by then and might be fine to walk on. Good luck op.

You have a very calm and controlled bride, glad nothings broke, enjoy the wedding and congrats to said nice bride and her groom/groomess

Comments

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice! I got some X-rays done and thankfully nothing was fractured or broken (and the screws from a previous break did not get wrenched loose in the fall)! I've been lucky enough to be assigned to completing the tasks, favors and whatnot, where I can prop my foot up and keep ice on it. I've also purchased a nice pair of flats, because there is no way I'm falling and breaking myself day of the wedding. As for a response from the bride, she pretty much told me it took a lot longer to fall than she thought it would (I'm super, super clumsy), and to keep off my feet so I can still be in the wedding without hurting myself again.

You have a very calm and controlled bride, glad nothings broke, enjoy the wedding and congrats to said nice bride and her groom/groomess

MzZombicidal 36

I'm so glad you're okay but I'm wondering why you risked falling in the first place since it seems to be a common thing? I'm also super clumsy so I avoid heels whenever possible. Was it a sort of dress code deal from the bride, or...?

We were all supposed to wear matching shoes since we have nene length dresses on. The majority voted for four inch wedges.

MzZombicidal 36

I've never been a fan of heels. I'm glad the bride understood and didn't turn out to be a Bridezilla!

When my step-daughter got married, she bought flip flops for the bridesmaids to wear to the reception. Much more comfortable. Needless to say, it was a casual wedding, Elvis performed. :-D

duckman9 55

good luck at the wedding. Try to keep away from as many alcoholic beverages as possible, as they only tend to make that bloody gravity stronger; and thats a fight sadly no one can win :D

When my sister in law got married, we all had to buy these certain heels that we about 4 inches. By the end of the ceremony I could barely walk down the isle and was leaning on my other brother (the groomsman I had) to help me. Thankfully for a bridesmaid gift she bought us flip flops for the reception. Boy was I ever happy to put those babies on! Every bride should buy flip flops for her bridesmaids for the reception!

ice for the next 48 hours, 15 on, 45 off as much as you can, this will speed recovery, then epsom salt soak in hot water the foot and ankle up to the calf the morning of the wedding to relax the muscle and reduce inflammation

nitrog100 21

I'm just gonna say this: you deserve it, because only someone who deserves it would make the distinction of being the 'matron of honor' rather than the 'maid of honor'. Take your 'technically correctness' and suck on it.

Mooglefox 23

Women and their damn high heels

I'm a woman and I agree. Although I used to like high heels, I wish that we didn't have to wear them for certain events and i wish it wasn't the higher the better. Ever seen a pic of an X-ray of a woman's foot in a high heel? It's freaky looking.

ive never heard or seen anyone forced to wear high heels, nor have i heard of any event requiring them

The matron of honor is a married woman, the maid of honor is unmarried.

#63 Matron of honor is when the person of honor is married. Maid of honor is when they're not married

Psycho_Babydoll 26
CountedTo10 9

weddings and alcohol often go hand in hand