By MDoremis - 21/04/2015 13:37 - United States

Today, I was walking in the shoes I'm going to wear for a wedding and fell, spraining my ankle. I'm the Matron of Honor and I can barely walk. The wedding is in three days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 092
You deserved it 4 363

MDoremis tells us more.

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice! I got some X-rays done and thankfully nothing was fractured or broken (and the screws from a previous break did not get wrenched loose in the fall)! I've been lucky enough to be assigned to completing the tasks, favors and whatnot, where I can prop my foot up and keep ice on it. I've also purchased a nice pair of flats, because there is no way I'm falling and breaking myself day of the wedding. As for a response from the bride, she pretty much told me it took a lot longer to fall than she thought it would (I'm super, super clumsy), and to keep off my feet so I can still be in the wedding without hurting myself again.

Top comments

Sprained mine playing volleyball a few weeks ago and so did a friend. Keep it up, elevated and ice it 20 minutes off and on for the two days before while taking ibuprofen every 6 hours to help too. If you got it checked out and they gave you an aircast, try and walk on it with that near the end of the second day and see if you can. The swelling should have gone down a lot by then and might be fine to walk on. Good luck op.

You have a very calm and controlled bride, glad nothings broke, enjoy the wedding and congrats to said nice bride and her groom/groomess

Comments

Ice it, take a few advil and hit the bar a little early

Those shoes were not made for walking.

hopefully the bride isn't a bridezilla and doesn't bitch you out. feel better op!

Isa_fml 20

I hope it feels better very soon and you can still be a part of things. Under the circumstances, hopefully you and your friend can agree on a pair of pretty sandals or comfortable flats. Good luck.

stormingtrinity 8

Soaking in a hot bath with Epsom salt will do wonders. On the day of, see if you can wear a compression brace to help (they make them flesh colored and flexible; they wrap around your ankle and look like a small ace bandage with no ends)

I stood in a wedding with a cast on! You just make a joke out of it and no one hardly notices.

well good thing is you doing fall at the wedding.

candygirl2015 12

U can go with a wheelchair ;)

FYL, but I wouldn't worry too much. People will understand.

Can barely walk doesn't mean you can't walk.