By MDoremis - 21/04/2015 13:37 - United States

Today, I was walking in the shoes I'm going to wear for a wedding and fell, spraining my ankle. I'm the Matron of Honor and I can barely walk. The wedding is in three days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 092
You deserved it 4 363

MDoremis tells us more.

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice! I got some X-rays done and thankfully nothing was fractured or broken (and the screws from a previous break did not get wrenched loose in the fall)! I've been lucky enough to be assigned to completing the tasks, favors and whatnot, where I can prop my foot up and keep ice on it. I've also purchased a nice pair of flats, because there is no way I'm falling and breaking myself day of the wedding. As for a response from the bride, she pretty much told me it took a lot longer to fall than she thought it would (I'm super, super clumsy), and to keep off my feet so I can still be in the wedding without hurting myself again.

Top comments

Sprained mine playing volleyball a few weeks ago and so did a friend. Keep it up, elevated and ice it 20 minutes off and on for the two days before while taking ibuprofen every 6 hours to help too. If you got it checked out and they gave you an aircast, try and walk on it with that near the end of the second day and see if you can. The swelling should have gone down a lot by then and might be fine to walk on. Good luck op.

You have a very calm and controlled bride, glad nothings broke, enjoy the wedding and congrats to said nice bride and her groom/groomess

Comments

Yeah, these things happen. I'm sure they can accommodate you. Try crutches maybe?

You could try decking out a wheelchair in full out bridesmaid attire

Decorate the crutches to match your dress!

Depending on the amount of "Bridezilla" going on, they may rather op sit it out than show up in crutches unfortunately.

SweetIam 12

Sorry op! Hopefully you can wear a boot and still be able to enjoy yourself

Just hit the Champagne a little early and you'll be fine

Sprained mine playing volleyball a few weeks ago and so did a friend. Keep it up, elevated and ice it 20 minutes off and on for the two days before while taking ibuprofen every 6 hours to help too. If you got it checked out and they gave you an aircast, try and walk on it with that near the end of the second day and see if you can. The swelling should have gone down a lot by then and might be fine to walk on. Good luck op.

Crawl down the aisle. It'll be a hit.

Ouch.. Depends on what the grade of the sprain is. Hopefully it is just grade one. If it is...the pain should reduce soon if you elevate and apply ice. Gentle circumduction exercises to increase blood flow etc. In the main time, rest that ankle. Goodluck