By a little less poor at least - 21/04/2013 16:03 - United States - Cleveland

Today, I was trying sell a customer a top-of-the-line surround sound system. Apparently he was aware that I work on commission, as he threatened to buy the system elsewhere unless I sang Rebecca Black's "Friday" in front of the whole store. Goodbye, self-respect. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 278
You deserved it 5 684

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Someone has mastered the art of trolling, I see.

Dallyni 22

Man nothing is worth that suffering!

Comments

Your fault. You were hired to sell, not to sing, and singing most likely is not a part of your contract. You could say "I am tone deaf and can't sing" or just bluntly refuse. You didn't do it, so enjoy the consequences (guilt/shame/whatever it is). Ruining that dude's day by refusing to sing (and forcing him to either go to another store or buy it from you anyway) was probably worth more than that commission you got.

Ummm.. I am pretty sure OP sang... Read the username..

22, "You didn't do it" means "you didn't refuse" and I used wrong verb ("was" instead of "would"). Well. Shit happens. Guess I need to sleep.

Sucks to be you, OP. But you've got to admit it, that's a pretty clever move on his behalf.

shaww 28

At least you did it for the customer... It could've been worse..... It could have been your boss making wear a black wig, makeup, a dress, and oranges as boobs. Doesn't yours seem a little better now?

MzZombicidal 36

Did you use the surround-sound system?

Don't be hating on Rebecca Black! She taught me the days of the week.

iammeorami 25

Well, did you make the sale op after all that?

I would make it amazing. Dancing and getting people to join in! At least I will go down with pride than with embarrassment!