By Anonymous - 17/11/2009 07:21 - United States

Today, I was running a meeting feeling very stressed. I grabbed my stress ball out of my bag, squeezing it vigorously throughout the meeting. When I stood up to talk my stress ball exploded all over my new black suit and the desk. So much for relieving stress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 468
You deserved it 4 348

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you should get the foamy sponge kind next time.

perdix 29

That's the problem with you women -- you have to buy your stress balls. We guys have a built-in pair that we squeeze during stressful meetings (and dates, for that matter) and have a natural limit switch that tells us when were doing it too hard. This mode of stress relief does have the unfortunate danger of also messing up a black suit.

Comments

natizakhi 0

stressballs are made of non liquid stuff arent they?

Yes. But I guess not all are the same. :/

perdix 29

You are correct, Toxi. According to an authority on the subject, and I quote: Some balls are held for charity And some for fancy dress But when they're held for pleasure They're the balls that I like best. My balls are always bouncing To the left and to the right It's my belief that my big balls Should be held every night.

fragmite 1

you sound annoying. I doubt this happened to you.

ARE YOU STRESSED AT WORK, HOME, OR AT YOUR LOCAL GROCERY STORE AND NEED SOMETHING TO SQUEEZE ON? HAS YOUR STRESS CAUSED YOU TO SQUEEZE MULTIPLE ITEMS SUCH AS STRESS BALLS, PENS, YOUR SANITY, AND SO FORTH? DID YOU SQUEEZE THE ITEMS SO HARD THAT THEY CAUSED AN EMBARRASSING MESS ON YOUR OUTFIT? ZOMBIE BILLY MAYS HERE FOR MY NEW PRODUCT FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE CALLED BALLS-DEEP! NEVER AGAIN WILL THAT MESS CAUSE YOU ANY MORE EMBARRASSMENT! JUST SQUEEZE THE PRODUCT ONTO THE STAIN, WAIT FOR THE SCALDING, WRITING PAIN TO STOP, AND WIPE AWAY! JUST LIKE THAT, YOUR OUTFIT IS NOW MESS-FREE! IF YOU ACT NOW, YOU CAN GET TWO SQUEEZETUBES OF BALLS-DEEP FOR THREE EASY PAYMENTS AND ONE COMPLICATED PAYMENT OF $34.55! ACT NOW OR I WILL FIND YOU AND FEAST ON YOUR BRAAAAAAINNNNSSSS!

jadeddream 0

It never ceases to amaze me how sexist people can be. This happens just as easily to a man.

*Sigh*, sexism is a real problem, especially on this site. I guess some people are so uncomfortable with themselves and have such low self-esteem, they target others to make themselves feel better. And since it isn't acceptable to say "Get out there and pick some cotton" anymore, they just change it to "Get in there and make me a sammich". Idiots have to do something to amuse themselves.

Well said. Now get in there and make me a sammich.

LadyKaya 0

This is the problem with girls today, they can't take a joke. You crack man jokes, yell at guys for staring at cleavage that you throw out into the public, and whine about wanting to be treated, "like a lady." Feminism is about EQUALITY, not SUPERIORITY. Stop whining here about some guys who like to crack a few jokes, there are women who really suffer from sexism. Btw, I'm a chick, and I still think you need to grow up.

LadyKaya, you are my hero. I'll make you a sammich. OP, grow up and stop taking your stress out in violent ways.

By "you" you mean other women? I don't do that, at least not anymore. I am all for equality, as you said. Notice, in my comment I specifically said "people" who are sexist are idiots, etc. I mean that for all sexist human beings. I'm not someone who is going to go around saying "God, men are such sexist pigs. Every single one of them is a dog. I hate men." No. Sexism isn't cool from either side. So, before you assume everything about my life..... well, actually, just don't ever do that. And I get that it's usually a joke. Is it ok if every time I hear a story about, say, a Latin American, I say something like "Well, get back over the border, wetback!" Dude. No. It's not funny, especially after the first few times. It's not just that it's offensive, for me it's just distasteful. It's a shitty attempt at humor.

LadyKaya 0

Perhaps so, but it bugs me when people whine about something when there really are women out there who do suffer. Kind of like people who fake eating disorders to get attention. Perhaps it is distasteful, and maybe everyone doesn't find it funny, but it's not something to get all up in arms and complain about. It's the internet, and it is ruled by /b/tards. *shrugs* Live and let live.

Yeah, you're right. I know stupid sexist/racist comments on here aren't anything to really get worked up about. I'm just annoyed by it the same way I am by FIRST! comments. It's just like, come on people, think of something better to say. But yeah, I'm hardly going to work myself into a tizzy over it.

bexox 0

The thing you have to ask yourself though, is why are sexist joke so acceptable in our society? Obviously you'll get a completely different reaction from race jokes. It reflects on our values as a society. I'm all for humor. But you have to read between the lines. I'm with Intoxicunt on this one.

To my knowledge both can breed bad reactions from the target group, and can be grounds for legal action in the work place. I wouldn't exactly say that is accepted precisely but at the same time people will put up with offensive jokes for two reasons: they are jokes and many times people take pleasure in them. Plus you must realize you were trolled. You are being provoked and you are acting as par the writer intended. gratz

bexox 0

I'm not enraged by the jokes. I just saw a discussion already in place, so I wanted to give my 2 cents. Free speech, yo!

vyktor_fml 0
skyeyez9 24

this fml sounds like a euphemism for furiously jacking off.

perdix 29

Thanks. I have a point -- too bad it is on top of my head. Ba-dum-boom. What happened was I was trying to reply to Intoxicunt (#26) and it ended up here. When I found that the comment had somehow been placed at the end, I cut the text and replaced it with a period (full-stop, whatever). Thanks for not being brutal.

ozymandias_fml 0

That's what you get for wearing a suit to the office. Change back into your skirt, and go make some fresh coffee. It will make you feel better.