By jalapenos99 - 02/04/2009 00:36 - United States

Today, I was playing in a basketball game and blocked this kid's shot. I was really pumped up about it until I realized the kid had cerebral palsy and the coach put him on the team because he really wanted to be on at least one team in his life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 614
You deserved it 54 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Inspired22 11

I don't think you should feel bad. I'd be pretty upset if I had a disability and everyone played easy on me. That would just be humiliating!

You shouldn't feel bad, you didn't know and I don't see how YDI at all. Plus, the kid was probably happy everyone wasn't just going to let him do whatever.

Comments

ok who cares? he wanted equal oppurtunity and you gave it to him...how would you have felt if he came after the game and asked you why you didnt block his shot when you could've?...are you going to explain it's because he's handicapped?

Good for you OP, don't treat him any different. If you are disabled you don't want special treatment and you didn't give it to him. Don't feel bad, you did the right thing.

Why do so many people think he deserves this?

For those saying YDI, how was he supposed I know?

Well how were you supposed to know? Don't feel bad. You should feel good, actually. You gave him the full experience of being on a team. If everyone went easy on him, he wouldn't know what it is actually like to be on a team. There are good sides and bad sides about playing a sport and that kid should be treated normally and experience everything. Don't feel bad!

If you didn't know then it isn't your fault

I have disabilities and I wouldn't want anyone to go easy on me.

Pshhhhh no shame op!! Don't show mercy. Show anyone who's boss and that you own those courts bro.

It's a game of bloody basketball, you're supposed to stop other shots