By Quackadoodledoo - 24/04/2014 02:21 - United Kingdom - Edgware

Today, I was on the London underground reading a newspaper. A huge guy was sitting next to me and there weren't many other people around. As I turned a page, he leaned into me, glaring, and said, "I'm not finished yet". At the next stop I put down the paper and jumped off. It wasn't even my stop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 181
You deserved it 5 402

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Poor guy didn't even get to finish reading.

Leaving before your stop is kind of overdramatic. Couldn't you just have given him the newspaper or something?

Comments

Hate it when people do that. I wanna read the damn page too!

Buy your own damn newspaper/book/use your phone so you don't end up creepily leering over someone's shoulder.

Rainhawk94 27

I'll confess I read over people's shoulders but I try not to let them know it lol and getting off the train before your stop? that was a bit over dramatic don't you think?

MissStephanie 10

Not if you're the type who has social anxieties, rather just get off the train and avoid more awkwardness then to continue sitting next to that person.

ZY1431 24

not exactly... I don't openly say "hey I didn't finish that page." It's more like "hmmm I wonder if that articles any good" then maybe ask the person with the paper what they thought about it. not so awkward if you do it in the right tone

ileenefudge 29

Getting off before your stop is a little over dramatic. You could have either moved to a different area to get away from him, give him the paper, ignore him or just tell him to leave you alone. No need to leave just because of some creepy guy when you are just going to end up waiting again. You could have handled the situation in a better way.

The tubes come every like 2-3 mins. I personally wouldn't have been that bothered but if OP was then that was honestly the easiest and least confrontational way to deal with it.

ileenefudge 29

Oh. I didn't know that. I live in America but where I live personally we have trains that come every hour to to 2. And they don't stop at every stop. It depends on the train you get on to get on or off a specific stop. Thankfully I drive my own car so I never really have to worry about a train or a bus.

That's fine, just letting you know. :) We have normal trains as well that usually come every 15-30, I wouldn't advocate getting off them on a whim. But yeah, the tube is a lot quicker.

I don't think it was that dramatic. It would've seemed a bit rude to just move away.

Goblin182 26

And telling somone to stop turning their paper because you weren't through reading is polite?

how is having your personal space not seen as rude, I would have made a remark to the guy about stop being slow or should I read a section with smaller words. that would be rude lol

Aww you could have started a nice little convo with him about what you were both reading.

I don't understand how this is an Fml. Grow a pair and deal with it. Worse things could have happened.

oddities 20

This isn't about "growing a pair," this is about someone who, as far as OP knows, could have violent tendencies and might have lashed out. Given the man's reaction to OP flipping the page before he [the man, not OP] had finished reading it, violence doesn't seem to be too far a stretch. OP may have had a slightly dramatic reaction, but not without reason.

yeah, plenty of worse things, very few passengers, big creepy guy, op could have been beaten up. always best to hold your ground, you never know what people are capable of.

xR3cKl3sSx 12

Poor guy's just a slow reader ahaha