By scaredofhedges - 07/01/2013 10:21 - United States - San Diego

Today, I was on a plane and realized that the woman next to me was hiding a hedgehog in a plastic container. I'm severely afraid of hedgehogs but not wanting to give the woman up and get her in trouble, I tried to stay quiet. Which led to me to quietly hyperventilate and pass out on the plane. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 657
You deserved it 7 564

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That has to be the weirdest thing to have a phobia of!

I can't sleep now that I know there are people who don't report hedgehogs on planes.

Comments

TheyCallMeDamien 17

But they're so cute! But you should've ratted on her if you were that afraid. Hell she could smuggling illegal animals for all you know. And it would force the airlines to fire the person that let that slide because obviously there is a breach in security either because of incompetence or deliberate action both of which are unacceptable.

how csn you be afraid of Sonic and his friends?!

I can't imagine being fearful of one of the least dangerous animals on the planet....to me, that would be like being fearful of oxygen...just saying you need to spend some time with the little critters & you'll see there's nothing to be fearful of

What are the utter chances of the exact thing you have a phobia of, landing in the seat RIGHT next to you on a plane? That ONE lady, on that ONE flight, had to have the ONE thing you are deathly afraid of? Worst luck ever? ;)

I realise it was probably not an international flight, but doesn't the US have sone sort of quarantine border control? Wouldn't taking an animal on a plane like that breach some sort of protocols? Here in Australia, we have some of the toughest, if not the toughest, quarantine border controls. For international flights, No fruit, no food, no untreated wood, not even soil in the soles of your shoes is allowed to cross our border. National flights still have limitations though somewhat less on food. I'm pretty sure a hedgehog is ... About 5 th of the list.

The food? It's highly unlikely shed have a live hedgehog in a container right?

Yes, because carrying boxes of dead hedgehogs around, on the other hand, makes perfect sense.

Most "archaic weird law" lists like this are either taken out of context or outright fabrications. The mind also boggles at how many people don't know what the word "molest" means and freak out any time they see it used in a context like this.

Notyours007 9

The odds that someone you sit next to on the plane has a hedge hog maybe a million to one, the odds that it happens to someone who has a phobia of hedge hogs a billion to one.

lllgggccc 1

I take it prevarication is your strong point!