By Anonymous - 24/08/2015 18:59 - United States

Today, I was just a few days away from starting the training for my promotion to management, which involved a healthy pay raise and full time benefits. Today, news came down that the company is filing for bankruptcy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 366
You deserved it 1 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry to hear that OP. I hope you'll find a new job very soon.

MdMan2 23

That is truly unfortunate… Sorry, OP. I hope you find a really good job.

Comments

Well, at least you can probably write down management experience in future job resumes, even if it was only for a couple minutes.

too bad they waited, you could have been the company's savior! besides, bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean immediate doors shutting, it protects the company from their debt enabling things like restructuring. could still mean good things for you, good luck!

At least you'll have experience and recommendations that other companies look for.

aneff0592 13

Leave on good terms and use them as a reference at least. Maybe it's one of those times in life where a better door is waiting to be opened???

Maybe it wasn't meant to be. There will be other companies that I'm sure will take you in, and maybe with better pay and benefits. Have faith OP :)

management should look good for future employment

Chapter 11 and chapter 13 are two different fields...but it would be better off probably finding another job...

Sorry OP. At least you weren't the fall guy!

Wow, that truly sucks, I'm sorry OP. The only possible bright side is that if you did get promoted to management before the company went broke, you might have copped some of the blame for it...