By Peaches - 22/02/2017 12:00 - United States - Tucker

Today, I was informed that I was let go from my job for not showing up for a week. A week I'd scheduled off, that management had approved. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 536
You deserved it 409

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Do you have it in writing? If not, there's not much you can do. If you do, go to HR and possibly a lawyer.

alternative-facts 6

What Nabexis said. If you have a paper trail, and can prove that they authorized the time off ahead of time, they can't fire you. It's illegal.

Comments

Maybe things went better when you weren't there.

PeachesNev 1

Hey, OP here. I had to make an account to make this comment. We got everything all worked out, what caused it was a mix of circumstances. I came in the first day I was supposed to have off, which had them think my plans were entirely cancelled, not pushed back a day. I had bought a new phone and never activated it, so they tried to call me to ask where I was, but my phone didn't ring, due to my last one being broken and the current having been inactive. Thankfully everything got sorted and they said I should be back to my normal schedule in a week. Thank you all for your concern though.

Glad to hear it worked out well in the end. Easy misunderstanding to make given the context.

Got to love those Union busting "right to work" laws. More like "right to fire you for no reason" laws. That is why Unions are important they protect workers rights

"Right to work" laws in the same sense as "RICO" laws - intended to eliminate the thing they are named for.

Depending where you live this might be illegal

SKYstlimit 11

take them to court if you have proof