By ExplosiveDildo - 22/06/2012 13:08 - Afghanistan

Today, I was having a funny conversation with a guy I had met on Xbox. I told him the state I lived in, and he said, "Don't tell me that, I might stalk you." He wasn't kidding. He has somehow found out my phone number, and my address. He says he's going to send me flowers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 546
You deserved it 37 019

ExplosiveDildo tells us more.

Holy shit. I didn't think this would actually get posted! Well, I'm happy after all of the FML's I've posted over the years, this one got chosen

Top comments

UnprecendentedAw 0

Someone obviously doesn't take online privacy settings very seriously. YDI

Comments

Briiyahh 7

Idiot haven't you been told not to do stupid things like that?!?!! YDI

rcgirl2 11

And that's why I don't talk to grown men online.

babyguns143 5

Do you just talk to little boys instead? Awkward...

Most people can't find an entire box of cereal by finding one cheerio lying on the ground; same thing goes here. How could OP see this coming in any sort of way? States are absolutely enormous! Btw, I'd keep a careful watch if I were you, but I wouldn't suggest heading to lawsuits and restraining orders yet.

unknown_user5566 26

YDI. You're a girl playing Xbox who willingly provided personal information and had a conversation with a dude. That's like a nerd jackpot. When I used to play WoW, guys would freak out when they found out I was a girl. On a serious note, you should probably call the cops. Good luck!

nisey3313 11

You have your age, marital status, city (which helps us know your state), occupation, hobbies, instagram, and number of pets on your profile. Plus it's all accompanied with a picture of you.

So, because a large amount of guys on online gaming services are shitheads to women, you should just avoid them? No. That doesn't solve anything.

I know the feeling I used to not talk at all on wow just listen, until someone said something funny during a raid and I laugh only to hear, "was that a female?" to which I started talking and all the people I played with got very silent.

unknown_user5566 26

93- Well, yeah. How else can I expect Perdix to come stalk me? ;) 120- I didn't say OP should avoid them, and I also didn't call them shitheads. Just made the observation that some (not all) guys who play games online get excited when they realize a girl is playing.

nisey3313 11

If you have your state on your FML profile do not call the OP an idiot, it makes you look like an idiot.

He probably didn't find all that from the state. There are ways to retrieve up addresses from an Xbox and that is how he probably got it

Why the hell would you tell someone that you don't know where you live? That's a crime of opportunity waiting to happen. YDI

I don't get the YDIs. Just telling someone your state isn't enough to find out where you live. The guy is probably a hacker. No way to predict that.

Well she deserves to be stalked I she is going to give that info out to a total stranger. Hacker or not, she chose to tell him where she lived

So you deserve to be put in a VERY dangerous situation, just because you told someone one piece of completely innocent information? It's impossible to find out an address of a person just by knowing their state. OP probably had a facebook/twitter account linked, or used the same username on a site where they had other personal information.

I was just saying that no one made her tell him where she lives. So, maybe she should get to know him better before giving out any information. I don't care what anybody says I still think its her fault and she deserves everything she gets. This is why you don't get too personal until you know someone better.

I don't think you understand... Giving out the state you live in isn't personal information. It's literally impossible to find someone JUST by knowing what state they live in. To do it, the creepy guy must have had some other information from somewhere else.

I don't think you understand. How do you know she only gave him the state she lives in? What if she gave him more info and was just too embarrassed to put in in her FML so she wouldn't look like a dumb ass. You don't know just like I don't know. Just saying.

Redox127 7

Not at all. For me it usually ends in kill streaks.

Looks like someone is trying to get boys who play COD (BF3 is better!!!) to look at her profile. To quote a previous FML you are an attention seeking fuckball