By OldHabitsDieHard - 18/09/2013 14:53 - United States - Erie

Today, I was getting my cat some canned food. Out of habit I licked the spoon after I had emptied the can only to realize too late what I had done. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 715
You deserved it 18 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Reminds me of that Spongebob episode where he tastes Gary's food.

The most important meal of the day, serving it up Gary's way!

Comments

Reminds me of that Spongebob episode where he tastes Gary's food.

The most important meal of the day, serving it up Gary's way!

meganmagee 11

Do you have any idea what is IN pet food? my husband works at a plant that makes it. heads, feet, guts, feathers, and shit all with maggots in it. I don't even want to feed it to our pets.

Merylwen 24

Well I know a guy who loves having dog food on toast. He told me that he even served it to friends that had stopped by unexpectedly, without telling them what it was, and they loved it. So I wouldn't try it, but I can believe it's edible.

Aussieinusa 5

Most animal's don't care what they eat. If our dog throws up, someone has to hold the dog while another person cleans up, or the dog tries to eat it. So I'm not concerned what's in pet food. He also tried to eat his own poop once. Bleh

BLECH!! BLECH!!! BLECH!!!!! BLECH!!! ...what's wrong? I sense...a disturbance...

How does it taste OP? Never had the guts to try it...

That was the same thing I thought of. That's why I give my cat dry food. Less confusion.

Habits are hard to break... Did it taste good?

I'd assume not, but I could be wrong lol.

I remember there was a show on TLC about a lady who would eat wet cat food, and she would also snack on cat treats. So perhaps it sometimes does taste good, I'd rather not taste it though!

I've eaten cat food as a child because I thought it was a can of tuna and not one one of those feline delight cans. They don't taste like anything. Although I did question my sanity for a few days following that experience.

I'd actually almost suspect it to taste good save perhaps for the texture. A lot of the ingredients in pet food is better and healthier than what some of us feed ourselves.

MerrikBarbarian 9

69- have you seen pet food made? Pretty sure none of us eat kill floor scraps, rendered rotten fish slurry or "mechanically recovered meat"... Well unless one eats cheap burgers and hotdogs. Why I make my own cat food for my cats.

That's taking crazy cat lady to a whole new level

Well, I've done that before. It's not like it tastes horribly.

Barriaultcory 16

Should probably stop eating so much canned food

I have never once licked cat food from a spoon.

Well me either, but I'm just trying to make OP not feel stupid... So, shhhhh, don't tell him/her!

DrownedMyFish 18

Not really. I prefer to eat my cat food without using silverware.

Dont worry, it happens to the best of us!

graceinsheepwear 33

Well, I don't think you are going to lick spoons without checking what's on them anytime soon...