By nojob - 07/05/2009 19:15 - Canada

Today, I was desperately handing out resumes. I came to my local grocery store and asked for a job application, the customer service rep told me all she needed was my resume. I smiled and gave it to her only to see her read it, laugh and put it straight in the garbage as I walked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 137
You deserved it 4 457

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Life's a bitch... you shouldn't worry, besides you don't wanna work in a place with workers like that. =/

You may want to revamp that resume of yours. There are government programs that can help you with that, youth centers, job connect, etc. Or google resume layouts and sell yourself (I know your mom told you not to, but as long as it's on paper and not the corner, you should be good)

Comments

Eternity_fml 0

No, he was (perhaps) overqualified. Just read an article about this kind of stuff today in English class. 0.o A little hard to understand, but I think that's what happened. The article also mentioned just removing some things to make you look "a little dumber" may help you get a low-paying job such as the one mentioned.

myfamilyisnuts 0

#3, LMFAO. Anyway, yeah that really sucks... have someone else go over your resume' and give you suggestions on improving it.

alexgisforme3 0

**** that bitch, work somewhere with nice people

proudstub 0

Hey, does one need a PhD to work in a grocery store nowadays ? WTF ? I mean, whatever the resume, unless it's written in klingon or in goa'uld, she had no right to laugh at it, especially since we're in recession and her turn might come anytime, she too could get "disposed of". Don't let mean people bring you down.

Did you proofread you resume? If not, do it. Otherwise, you may want to volunteer somewhere until you get enough experience on that resume to get you paid...

easier2apologize 0

I'd report her to the Store Mgr...point out that if she treats people that way and she's the CS Manager, you sure wouldn't shop there. Nor your friends, parents, etc...everyone you're going to tell about your experience.

Loe_307 0

#9 Said what I was going to say. There might be your next years income right there. Hehehe

Funtertaining11 0