By soccer_bball - 14/10/2013 19:32 - United States - Frisco

Today, I was at the dentist. I ended up having some work done and left with a numb mouth. I have school pictures in less than 2 hours and I can neither smile nor stop drooling everywhere. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 901
You deserved it 7 045

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Here ladies and gentleman is what happens when someone gets an ****** from achieving the first comment.

Oh, great. Now I'm too uncomfortable to give him either kind of thumb.

Comments

pwnman 33

Yikes! I had a numb mouth which ended from 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM.

1dvs_bstd 41

dental plans, lisa needs braces!

What dumbass schedules dentist appts on picture day? Ydi, op.

I can't believe it took THIS many comments before someone mentioned this.

That may have been the only day OP could get an appointment. Or it was booked six months in advance if it was supposed to be just a checkup.

It doesn't mention her age though. She may very well be in high school...In the case of young teens, the parents often are the ones to arrange appointments. Also, sometimes dentist appointments can be made WAY ahead of time, from 3-6 months, and sometimes even a year in advance.

"I ended up having some work done..." implies that they weren't expecting it. A lot of dentists' work is unexpected fillings or root canals immediately after a cleaning. OP probably just had a routine appointment and the doctor offered to do some needed work before the decay progressed.

fucMyLifeSoHard 18

To get rid of numbness my dentist told me to drink caffeine, like coffee or a soda. It kind of negates going to the dentist, but I works. My numbness was gone it 40 minutes.

That's quite amazing, considering lidocaine only lasts for about an hour or so.

mansen 15

would it not depend on how much they pump into you? whenever I have freezing done at the dentist, I require extra, fun times! Usually about 2 or 3 hours later I can find myself forgetting about it, popping in some gum and then accidentally chewing on the inside of my cheek.

Everyone reacts differently to lidocaine. I've had it wear off during a filling before, so I require almost 3 times the amount my doctor gives his other patients.

Did the school call you on the way out of the dentist like 'surprise, school pics in 2 hours'? Don't worry, you'll look back and laugh about this in a year.

you should plan next time... maybe go after you got your picture taken I'm assuming you didn't know you had to get stuff done though

XBurytheCastleX 25

Who cares. Did you forget about photo retake day?

You could have scheduled your dentistry stuff away from school pics :P

tehdarkness 21

People with funny yearbook pictures get remembered, not the totally serious, fake smile(: