By Noname - 06/03/2009 22:20 - United States

Today, I was at the dentist getting a cavity filled. As she's drilling into my tooth, I feel the drill slip, and then she quickly stuffs gauze into my mouth. She nervously laughs and says to me "Wow! You must really be numb!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 524
You deserved it 32

Top comments

That sucks SO MUCH! I'm so sorry that happened. OMG.

I don't understand the people who say "you deserved this". Why?

Comments

I had the same thing happen in my dentist's office the other day. I had two appointments back-to-back because of my university schedule. The first was to get two fillings replaced and the second was my cleaning. I got the fillings done, but when the hygienist went to clean out/floss the teeth that had just been filled, she said that she couldn't get the floss out. So she drilled. The drill slipped. She asked if I was numb and if I could feel any of it. I said no. She said "Good, because I'm being kind of nasty here. I just accidentally cut you and you're going to want to take Advil when you get home so it's already working when the freezing comes out." Thanks. I haven't been able to chew with that side for the last three days, unless it's something mushy or soft.

my dentist used to be one of my mom's good friends. then i came in for a filling and she had to inject my mouth three times with novocaine because she kept missing. later, her drill also slipped and it cut the inside of my cheek. we soon found out she was hungover; and my mom hasn't talked to her since.

#43, I was going to point out the same thing. I've had 13 teeth extracted--nine of them were baby teeth that didn't come out on their own because the permanent teeth were in slightly different places from the baby teeth, and the other four were my (impacted) wisdom teeth. I'm rather surprised that baby teeth being extracted didn't even occur to #35.

BEB131 0

thats when you say "wow you must be really DUMB"

DarkJeroyd2000 0

Lol, I love the whole argument here....

inlimbo11 0

#61... #35 is ONLY a dental assistant. Which probably just means she's just some dumb bitch with a decent paying job, so of course it didn't occur to her. anyway, OP, i agree with most here, SUE THAT STUPID *****.

wtf!? did you call her a stupid bitch! she has no right to call you dumb! i would have sued her for malpractice.

NUMB not DUMB! Dumb is what she should have called her! lol

Wtf, I love how dentists do stupid shit and try to play it off. Had a dentist once that slipped off a tooth and STABBED through my cheek. I bled. He thought it was from my tooth or gums or something and said 'If you brushed more, that wouldn't happen.' I bit as hard as I could.