By Noname - 06/03/2009 22:20 - United States

Today, I was at the dentist getting a cavity filled. As she's drilling into my tooth, I feel the drill slip, and then she quickly stuffs gauze into my mouth. She nervously laughs and says to me "Wow! You must really be numb!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 524
You deserved it 32

Top comments

That sucks SO MUCH! I'm so sorry that happened. OMG.

I don't understand the people who say "you deserved this". Why?

Comments

that's what happens when you go to a woman dentist

Sounds like something my (soon to be former) dentist would do... Ask for recommendations for a new dentist from your friends.

#23: It's not her fault you didn't take care of your mouth correctly. Brush your teeth and floss, and you won't mind going to the dentist. It really doesn't hurt if you actually do what you're supposed to, and rarely bleeds. And #8: Braces are seriously nothing. Maybe a form of slow psychological torture. But until you've joined the 4 extremely impacted wisdom teeth removal club, don't talk.

My wisdom teeth will come in perfectly :P

Hehe, because of my braces my wisdom teeth will come in perfectly. ^_^

Thanks to my braces my canine teeth will come in perfectly. Good thing braces only hurt for the first few days. I can't even feel them now.

Until you've joined the braces for 2 years followed by upper and lower jaw surgery as well as getting wisdom teeth removed at the same time, then braces for another year club, don't talk.

I had braces for six years and it sucks more than anything else. You really don't know what you're talking about.

May i add that I had braces for 2 years, then had SEVEN, that's right, SEVEN teeth removed at same time, all below gum-line. Next up on the list - getting implants.

lambiee 0

i got my widsom teeth out, all 4, at age 14. didn't hurt at all. braces for 7 years, HURT LIKE A BITCH.

LithFlavored 10

Well that turned into quite the pissing contest

I will be thinking about that one as I fall asleep tonight.

OMG. That's possibly one of my worst nightmares x(. I'm sorry that happened...though I shudder to think of what really did happen. I'm terrified of dentists xP. And #28, I have to say you sound really arrogant. Just because you had more serious dental surgery than most people have doesn't mean braces are "nothing". You could have said "Braces may be bad, but..." and taken a second to understand that what may not sound terrible to you may be the worst thing someone else has experienced. And since when does "a slow form of psychological torture" sound like a walk in the park? I had braces for 3 and a half years, and it was horrible, and extremely painful. Not to mention I'm only 17 and I've had 16 of my teeth pulled out, and none of that was my fault. So please don't put people down cause you think your dental surgery was soo much worse then theirs, and they therefore have no right to complain.

why would anyone DESERVE that? really?

TheRipePunani 0

Report her to the Better Business Bureau and see if you can get anything out of it.

blackeneddove 0

I agree with #28. I am a dental assistant and have never seen the dentist I work with screw up like that. We NEVER say oops, never, there is no need to upset a patient and I have never seen a dentist mess up that bad in my career, in fact I have never seen any dentist mess up like you describe. Seriously, theres a reason dentists go to school 8+ years. Try it out. #32, I dont believe you've had 16 teeth pulled out being only 17, unless you took a shit job care of your teeth, a perfect mouth has only 32, that would mean you have only 16 teeth, excluding all repairs like dentures, implants, etc. That means half your mouth is gone!!! BS!

can't comments like that cost you your job?

That happened to my friend. She had over half her mouth removed because her parents insisted on having Braces in Grade 4.

#35 - because it's utterly inconcievable that #32 DOES have dentures or repairs. Just because #32 didn't mention it doesn't mean that s/he ONLY has those 16 teeth left.

IRapeTheKuras 0

Ummm..I would assume since she's 17, maybe the teeth she had pulled were baby teeth? She should have elaborated. That would make sense, and it may not have been her fault. I had many of my young teeth pulled because they were in the way of my new teeth growing in. I still have the correct amount of teeth. Being a dental assistant shouldn't you know that?

#28- Even if this person did floss, brush, mouthwash every day 3x a day, like your supposed to THEY WOULD STILL GO TO THE DENTIST. Even though you feel fine- you're still supposed to go to doctor every year, same situation with the dentist. And it's not his/her fault that the crazy dentists jabbed his/her mouth with a drill, it's the dentist's fault for not paying attention. And to everyone saying see if you can't make a lawsuit out of it, or go to the Better Business Bureau, the only way they would get anything out of it, money wise, would be if the injury was serious enough to cause permant damage/and or surgery. If a couple gauze stopped the bleeding and end of story, I doubt it would ever make it past a meeting with an attorney.