Judge and jury

By Anonymous - 20/05/2022 06:00

Today, I turned 18 and I’m now subject to adult discipline. My dad says I will no longer be grounded or have my phone taken away, but I have three strikes and if I get to three, he’s throwing me out to get my own house. He then gave me my first strike because I was 30 minutes late picking up my nana. FML
I agree, your life sucks 799
You deserved it 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Familiarize yourself with your local eviction laws. If he follows through with his three strike threat, call the police for illegal eviction. They should make your father take you back in.

Start saving your money and looking for a place to stay.

Comments

Familiarize yourself with your local eviction laws. If he follows through with his three strike threat, call the police for illegal eviction. They should make your father take you back in.

kitten79TX 5

Depending on the state, you could very well be wrong. Since there is no formal agreement, and thd child is not paying rent, this situation would likely be a Tenancy at Will that can be terminated by either party at any time without notice.

She could have died in her sleep due to your tardiness! Penalty: Give her your *****.

Start saving your money and looking for a place to stay.

You shouldn’t be living at home at that age anyway.

Mrbuffalo 4
Bubbles_the_klutz 9

you do realize that most people turn 18 while actively in high school, right?

Do you really want rules? Time to leave the nest.

kitten79TX 5

Being 30 minutes late picking up Nana is a big deal, especially if you had no good reason. I suggest you get a job and save up some money. You're gonna need it. we've already told our oldest son that he's moving out as soon as he graduates high school (He'll already be 18). Children need to get away from their parents and go live their own lives. Not stay at home as as a dependent until they're in their 30's.