By dJ21 - 15/12/2009 09:23 - Guam

Today, I was at the airport getting ready to go to Hawaii. The guy at the counter said my flight was delayed. It turns out that the flight that was delayed was a flight going to Miami. My flight left at the regular time, and my luggage was on it, because I checked in the night before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 476
You deserved it 3 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The plane would not have left with your luggage. Airlines are required to remove checked luggage from the plane if someone does not show up for their flight and board the plane. It's a security issue.

And you didn't bother to check flight schedules yourself?

Comments

giosthename 0

Sure seems to be an influx of airline fmls lately.

Wow, I'd think you could make the airline cover your expenses in some way if it was human error on their part.. Then again, they do seem to just liking effing with people. So in that case, really FYL.

letitbe56 0

They totally owe you a refund on your ticket, or at least a voucher for something AWESOME and a free first class flight to Hawaii. Airlines get away with the shittiest customer service.

That's screwed, but weren't you paying attention to the announcements over the loudspeakers, like "flight QA453, boarding at Gate 9"?? And you weren't checking the screens which have the same info on them?

Well sometimes the gates COULD be in different sections of the airport. I forget where but some airport I've been to, you have to actually EXIT the concourse and re-enter another building for the other gates. And there's like 4 different buildings.

free2speak 14

That's careless on OPs part in so many ways. I say you deserve it. Usually, the boarding pass will state the time and gate of the checkout. If you are in that building (say terminal A), as frequent flier, I know they announce boarding of the flight. Then they announce that departure gate will close in blah blah minutes. Then they announce the name of the missing passengers at least two or three times. How can the OP ignore all those tv's that display arrivals and departures timings, ignore the boarding calls, ignore their name on the loudspeaker. I say YDI. Also, flights will take your luggage to the destination if the person boarded the first flight but missed the connecting flight.

dOrklOve 0

Omg.. that is such a fail. FYl. and can someone tell me what YDI means? im new to FML..

If no-one has told you already, YDI means You Deserve(d) It. :]

actually, if a passenger isn't on the plane then they are supposed to take your luggage off too.

how did you check in the night before?