By Wow - 01/08/2015 19:06 - United States - Sanford

Today, I walked outside to see my dog killing my cat. My spouse tried to cheer me up - "Hey, at least we don't have to buy cat food anymore!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 911
You deserved it 3 325

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hahatofunny 20

Your dog decided there was room for only one pet in this family

Poor kittycat. FYL for having to see that but I kind of want to say YDI as well. Not that you deserve to have your cat killed, but I'm sure there were signs of hostility between your pets before that happened. Should've acted on that. If the dog did that out of the blue without those signs, that's pretty concerning.

Comments

saffy66 34

How awful for you, Nd what a dilemma you have - what to do with the dog? I'm sorry your partner reacted like that burger was probably just grasping for something, anything to say.

bigsexy57 1

If you have ever seen Tom and Jerry you should know not to get dogs and cats

Tom and Jerry are a cat and a mouse. And yes, Spike, the dog, doesn't like Tom (neither does Tyke, Spike's son) but it's Tom and Jerry who do the fighting. Seriously, am I the only one who watched an inordinate amount of cartoons growing up?

I'm pretty sure that Spike and Tom fought.

I don't know how the dog caught the cat, cats are smarter and faster. I guess maybe the cat was getting old, or maybe was blind. either way it's up in cat heaven now, enjoying endless fields of nip

FusionPlacebo 26

Wow. That's devastating. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Your spouse is an asshole.

Holy shit. That is a really shitty situation to be in all around and your husband has a horrid sense of timing/humor. I really hate to say this, but you need to give a professional eval of your dog to see if they can be rehabilitated or not. Once a dog has attacked and/or killed another animal for fun or any non-defensive action, they usually will repeat the behavior, and become more aggressive. I really hope they can be, for your sake, the dogs sake and any other beings said dog could harm.

Why this is getting down voted #28 I have no idea, but apparently people don't know animals too well

I've always heard that once they taste blood, they won't stop. We had a neighbor's pitbull jump our fence and get into our yard where it killed half of our chickens (about 15) and the neighbor tied one of the dead chickens to it's neck to "untrain" him. We eventually called animal control and they put the dog down and fined there owner.

HeadlessSparrow 20

I wouldn't say the OP deserve it. it could have been that the dog did this out of the blue, or the spouse let the cat or dog out and the dog killed the cat.. or the cat was trying to kill the dog but the dog defended itself! Regardless, poor cat. I'm sorry you had to see it and that it happened!

Apparently you don't need to buy dog food either.

Well maybe you can take the dog to the pound and get a cat as a replacement?

the dog just did what it wanted. you can't blame it. also animals are not things and you can't get a replacement. that's horrible of you to say. they have souls and personalities.