By Anonymous - 02/09/2015 13:56 - India - Chennai

Today, I've been calling my girlfriend by her nickname for so long, I had to reactivate my Facebook account to find her real name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 275
You deserved it 26 774

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't even know how to comment for this.. Lol

19990231 29

Take her to Starbucks. Or just listen when you're around other people who may call her by her actual name.

Comments

I have known people for years before I realized their name was actually a nickname. Some people just don't ever use it. If it's an unusual name too, and very different from the nick, I see how this can happen. Also, credit to you, OP for feeling bad for forgetting, and making an effort to find out. You're all right.

I was convinced a guy in my school was named badger for like two years because people only called him that. It wasn't actually his name though....

Yeah, when the FML from the flip-side sounds more FML than YDI, then... well, YDI.

how long have you been dating?! that's ridiculous.

That's a side hoe if I've ever seen one! Just to be safe, call her Felicia ;)

Not to be the devil's advocate, but to try and understand a way this could happen for op: maybe the girlfriend's name is super complicated (and nobody uses her actual name)? I had a Polish friend whose name I could barely understand and pronounce. His nickname was a bit easier, but amounted to a full name imo. So even if she's his gf, might be that they're not from the same cultural background, and he has a hard time even understanding / pronouncing her full name.

It happens to me sometimes... I just don't forget it 100%. YDI, OP.

Ask her how she writes her name in cursive?

I can't call my sister by her actual name now without it sounding odd to me.

maybe try to be a good boyfriend and remember her ******* name.