By Anonymous - 13/06/2013 15:13 - United States - Bemidji

Today, I tried to lift my girlfriend and spin her around like in a Rom-Com. I started the spin, then heard a pop. The pain caused me to yelp and fall to the floor, dropping her on top of me. I dislocated my kneecap trying to be romantic. She only weighs about 90 lbs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 355
You deserved it 13 692

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rg350dx 29

Just tell her she's so beautiful she makes you weak in the knees.

I tie on a cape and try to fly like superman. That doesn't work either.

Comments

Eh, it happens. Whimsy doesn't always work out. At least you tried to be romantic.

I like to jump out of trees with an umbrella and pretend I'm Mary poppins.

Ouch. I'd say you'd get some major point for the romantic gesture though. After rehabbing the knee time to hit the gym before attempt 2?

imtooshy 18

I hope you assured her that it isn't her fault and maybe you can make it up to her by cooking her a romantic dinner. Be careful though, don't wanna see you with burns and a messed up knee ;-)

That's not unusual. I guarantee you that you dislocate the knee of a UFC fighter if you applied 90 pounds of pressure correctly.

Bilover96 5

I think you should start lifting nd working out buddy

if she is that loving gf she will worry... care... and appreciate all at the same time... because she knows you tried

wanderingshopper 13

My friends and I used to spin each other around when we were kids and the friend I was spinning weighed about 80 pounds and I broke my ankle while spinning her.

I know the "do you even lift" thing had been said many times already but it's a legitimate comment in this situation. My dog is 8 months old and weights just under that. It's time to commence hoisting sir.