By John - 22/08/2009 05:05 - United States

Today, I took my 15 year old daughter driving. I yelled at her for not going safely around corners. On the way home, while demonstrating how to drive right, I went around a corner and hit a cement truck. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 369
You deserved it 57 952

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel sorry for your daughter having such a shit teacher.

You really shouldn't criticize someone, especially your daughter, when the same thing could potentially happen to you. YDI

Comments

my mom does t too, its just how parents are, they are terrified but...SHES 15! she shouldn't be driving!

I would've just cut myself on the forehead right after the accident and pretend like I was on the verge of death. In a weakened voice, you should've said "This...is why...you should watch...for corners" (gasp for air) and then pretend you have an incredibly violent seizure where you "accidentally" punch your teen in the face (for being right) and then fake your death, all while the song "Jumper" from third eye blind starts playing in the background. End scene.

Ligerie 0

My dad yelled at me while teaching me to drive. I just got over it. The girl is 15-same age I was, so she should be mature enough to realize it is stressful situation to be in a moving vehicle with someone who doesn't how to drive.

I believe that somehow you deserve this... douche bag.

GDinNJ 0

Damn, that's annoying, OP (your screaming at her, I mean). I'm just learning to drive and my mom went crazy at first, obviously putting us both in a lot of danger. Fortunately she recently learned that it was better for the both of us if she tried to speak calmly and released any excessive (and often unnecessary, although I understand that teaching a person to drive is extremely stressful) anger by grabbing the door handle (not the actual handle, just that armrest thing on the side of the door, lol). It's really better for the both of us. You should try something like it, because having your parent scream at you when you don't know you how to something is both annoying and unhelpful.

haha my mum grabbed the armrest thing too

GDinNJ 0

I just ask her if she's planning on jumping out. It's amusing (...well, to me).

OMGitsKaleyxo 0

hm. maybe u owe ur daughter an apology? when i was learning to drive my dad was like up my ass about things. it was annoying and gave me even more pressure. so maybe u should just chill out[:

Mulada 0

Well, I guess you learned your lesson; don't yell at your daughter for that. Remember, she's just as nervous as you are and she needs your support and that kinda shit. Luckily, my dad never yelled at me when driving.