By bev_rogan - 21/06/2015 10:16 - United States - New Castle

Today, I took a nap. My boyfriend took this opportunity to go over to his "beautiful" and "amazing" ex-girlfriend's house to help her clean out her pool. I told him I didn't think that was appropriate. He told me I don't value relationships and didn't come home tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 052
You deserved it 2 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should reevaluate your relationship with him, OP. He sounds like he is still into his ex, calling her 'amazing & beautiful'. You should be with a guy who only refers to you in that way, not his ex!

Charles900 16

Actually, it sounds more like he doesn't value relationships, especially if he's describing his ex in those terms.

Comments

1. He cheatin on u tonight. 2. Dump him, he is obviously still inlove with this gurl!!!

It sounds like he's still hung up on her. Remember that this is his issue though, and don't allow yourself to think for even a second that this is happening because you're "not good enough," or for any other reason people tend to get into their heads. You deserve to be respected and appreciated, and this boy needs to either understand that he isn't doing so or get out of your life.

dagarr 11

Well he is not going to have a relationship

You're UNHAPPY that he didn't come home tonight??? If he still values his ex in the way that it seems he does, he shouldn't be in another relationship anyway.

Well, he dated her, so you already knew that he thought she had some pretty excellent qualities. Just 'cause the relationship didn't work out, that doesn't mean he can't still appreciate her and want to be in her life. Context is everything so maybe there are other things that give you reason to think there's something going on there, but I wouldn't come to that conclusion just from someone being close friends with their ex.

ironik69 31

I'm not quite sure where you got these ideas, but they are worse than bogus honey. The main issue is that when the ex needed something, I. E. Her pool to be cleaned, he jumped right on it. His responsibility is not to that girl anymore. He should not even still be in contact with her when he has a new gf. And if your significant other is not okay with you hanging around an ex, that's something they should have discussed together... Not just him running off to the exes beckon call.

I'm not one to jump onto the "break up!" train immediately, and I do believe that guys and girls can be strictly friends, even exes, but that really doesn't sound like the case here. He is clearly hung up on her on at least some level (considering he's running around doing her favors and calling her amazing etc. I'd say it's pretty bad). The biggest thing is his complete disregard for your feelings, and no sense of boundaries. Get out of there and don't look back. There are too many good guys out there to waste your time with that dolt

maybe you pissed him off ? and he just want to make you cry ? haha sorry OP

PANDORUM89 21

first off that's the most immature thing I've ever heard. If anyone gets mad and thinks that trying to make someone else cry is the way to handle a situation they need to get the reality slapped back in to them. only children act that way.

PANDORUM89 21

my BF would not be coming home. I also would not have put up with him saying his ex was anything at all except his past. IM amazing IM beautiful and if HE doesn't think so then HE can get LOST. Any guy that loves and respects you is not going to even want to talk to his EX so why would you even allow that? find someone that cares about you and respects you.

He was cleaning the pool for an old friend. If you are insecure in your relationship you should talk, and not accuse each other. Both of you overreacted...

ironik69 31

I wish I could downvote this multiple times!

Exes and old friends are not the same thing. Different rules apply.

Not really. If you know what you want and who you love. I help and meet my exes constantly, yet never cheated on any of them. It's the insecurity, the fear of loss and being cheated on (maybe for not the first time) and trust issues that can destroy a relationship. On the other hand, if he still loves his ex, he might not even realise.

I'd rather have you telling me what you don't agree with...